Menu
dtrance
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Repair : Job No 660402

I've been waiting weeks for this now, I was told it was due to some kind of system upgrade that the phone had slipped through the net but it would be treated as priority 1 (that was 2 weeks ago). The phone is still under warranty and had a battery issue. My daughter is driving me mad now, I can't really blame her either, she had been patient enough for 3 weeks or so.

I really don't want to sit another 30mins held in a queue to find out what it going on with this but you've had the phone for too long, can I get an update please?

I can't get logged into the mobile page either, keeps telling me my email / password is wrong.

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
Solitaire1
Dialled in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Repair : Job No 660402

Hi Mark,
See my various comments of Virgin's sharp practice. They've either lost/destroyed your phone or will use the 'liquid damage' ploy to get out of their obligation. This is what they've done to me on the 2 faulty handsets I sent for repair.
Good luck in your pursuit of getting this sorted.
PS What handset is it?
0 Kudos
dtrance
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They've already told me the phone will be replaced, although that was around 2 weeks ago now. I take it I shouldnt hold my breath waiting for a reply here then.

another 30min queue to wait in...

/sigh

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've not received your phone back just yet. I'm afraid I can't check this from my side due to DPA.

So we can find out exactly what's happened, give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll get on the case.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
jonpwatson5
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Solitaire1  -  The 'Liquid damage' issue is not a ploy, I assure you.

I have worked for a mobile phone repair centre in the past, and unfortunately, it's fairly common. When you mention it to people, the normal reaction is 'I haven't thrown my phone in water'.

Liquid damage can be caused by damp environments, so using it in a kitchen with steam etc. A mobile handset is still an electrical device, and therefore isn't designed to be used with wet environments. Obviously, a few handsets are the exception as they are designed to withstand liquid damage.

Repair centre's never user this term unless they have to. The repair centre only gets paid if they repair your handset. Manufacturers will not pay for repairs to a handset that contains liquid damage, so the repair centre can't physically do it, and because they haven't repaired it, they don't get paid, so a liquid damage handset is a loss full stop for the repair centre.

It's very difficult for your handset to get lost. They are tracked every step of the way, and I never experienced it myself during my time at the repair centre (which was several years).   Also, to blame Virgin isn't correct, as the repair centre is very unlikely to be theirs. It will be contracted out to a 3rd party to do it for them. The repair centre I worked for served several mobile companies.

0 Kudos
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I work in repairs all be it tablets so I agree with alot of what you say

BUT

I used to work for virgin media and can confirm they manage to balls up even the simplest of tasks

0 Kudos
Solitaire1
Dialled in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Jon, bully for you that you've never experienced a lost/destroyed phone. However, it has happened to me and with this latest fiasco, who else am I to blame than Virgin?!
At leat Alpha123 recognises Virgin's incompetence.
0 Kudos
dtrance
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Eventually got a replacement phone, only took 5 weeks, poor show.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi dtrance,

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'm really glad to hear you got a replacement handset. Sorry that it took so long to get to you. 

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos