Menu
gmorais
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Phone Roaming Data Not Working Abroad

I have no roaming data connection on my mobile in Portugal. 

Mobile data and data roaming are both enabled. And I'm connected fine to the local phone network for calls. I've turned on roaming on my online account and also purchased a data pass. 

How do I get roaming data to start working without calling virgin or go through web chat that I'm trying for over 1 hour but apparently  All of their agents are currently busy. Please try again later. (when? when I arrive in the UK?)

I've restarted, set aeroplane mode on and off as I saw in the forum but still not working....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Phone Roaming Data Not Working Abroad

Hi gmorais

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your phone service at the moment. 

I'd like to check the settings on your account to see if they're what's causing this issue but I've not been able to do so using your forum details unfortunately. So I can take a look, could you send me a private message with your mobile number and name of the account holder?

To send me that message, click my name or photo and click the 'Send me a message' button on the right hand side of the page. 

You can find out more information about roaming by clicking [here] too. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Goncalo

Thanks for this information, I've checked your account and can see you've spoken to us about this recently.

Things are set up as we'd expect at the moment so I hope that means it's working for you? If not, get in touch and I'll do everything I can to help.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jaymish
Just joined
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I'm having the same problem, my calls and signal is all working.
However data is not, seems to be a settings problem from Virgin side of things?

I am in Portugal for a week from today (11th August 17) can we sort this as soon as possible please?

Thanks
Jaymish
0 Kudos
Mumsyve
Joining in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I'm having problems with mine and my daughters phone we can't use them at all I tried going online to sort it but can't get through I need the virgin customer service number or an email address to get to them anyone help me please.? I'm in Portugal for 2 weeks and really need my phone 

Jaymish wrote:
Hi

I am in Portugal for a week from today (11th August 17) can we sort this as soon as possible please?

Thanks
Jaymish

Jaymish wrote:
Hi

Thanks
Jaymish

0 Kudos
antomar
Joining in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Similar situation for me. I've got signal and can call but no data, I've already gone through the APN setup. I'm in Italy.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jaymish,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're unable to connect to a mobile network in Portugal.

I'll send you a private message to see if I can get to the bottom of this for you. To view this click on the purple envelope on the top right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi antomar,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're unable to connect to a mobile network in Italy.

I'll send you a private message to see if I can get to the bottom of this for you. To view this click on the purple envelope on the top right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi antomar,

Thanks for your contact via private message.

Following a network refresh I'd like you to now restart the handset. It should connect back to the network automatically but sometimes a manual search is needed.

If you want to use your data allowance abroad then you need to make sure data roaming is active on the handset itself. The basic instructions for doing this can be found here.

If your data still doesn't work then you just need to update the APN settings of the handset. You can enter them manually by looking here or you can select your handset from the list here and you'll get the update directly.

Has this worked?

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
antomar
Joining in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich,

I tried all the things you suggested but still no luck. I've tried using all of the available providers (TIM, Vodafone and 3).

0 Kudos