Menu
Sb23
Joining in
Message 51 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Phone Roaming Data Not Working Abroad

I have been having the same problem. My data roaming is on both on my phone and account, I have updated my APN settings as required and the data on my phone is still not working abroad in Croatia!! I always have issues with virgin trying to use my mobile abroad!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 52 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sb23,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I apologise for you not being able to data roam abroad.

Has this been resolved since posting?

Are you still in Croatia?

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Comedance2me
Tuning in
Message 53 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terry I'm having the same issue no data whilst in Europe everything is switched on but no joy?
0 Kudos
Samuelos
Up to speed
Message 54 of 64
Flag for a moderator

My APN settings were confirmed numerous times and then the last excuse was that maybe my sim card had a fault haha! Terri don't insult peoples intelligence.. it seems the message isn't getting through to VM that data roaming is a shambles. And don't try and gloss over it as customers having incorrect APN settings that's total rubbish.

Anyway I phoned and requested a new sim card and they said well sir good news as a good will gesture we will allow you have your new sim card free of charge after they claimed it was faulty after running out of excuses for no data roaming...seriously! Now my voicemail has mysteriously deactivated when showing as active on my account. What next!

Anyway I'm going abroad in December and let's see if if data roaming works now after being assured it will (I won't hold my breath).
0 Kudos
Comedance2me
Tuning in
Message 55 of 64
Flag for a moderator

You know whats funny, thing was before it became free across Europe to use your minutes & data abroad, it worked fine if forgot to turn it off or buy a ticket it would rack up the data like a demon and I would face a huge bill when I got home
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 56 of 64
Flag for a moderator

HI Comedance2me,

Thanks for taking the time to post. Sorry you're not able to get mobile data while abroad.

I'll send you a private message to see if I can get to the bottom of this for you. To view this click on the purple envelope on the top right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 57 of 64
Flag for a moderator

HI Comedance2me,

Thanks for your contact via private message.

Following a network refresh I'd like you to now restart the handset. It should connect back to the network automatically but sometimes a manual search and select is needed (Google how to do this if you're not sure).

Try it now and if it's still not working then you must follow the steps mentioned here.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
Nelay23
Joining in
Message 58 of 64
Flag for a moderator

I'm in Valencia and cannot access the internet. This is incredibly frustrating as this is the second time I am abroad and unable to access the internet. The rest of the party are on other network and nobody else has a problem and can connect without issues. Iv wasted hours already trying to get this to work following the process here. https://virgin.wdsglobal.com/phonefirst?captchaEnabled=true&contractId=289&networkId=84&countryId=36.... Which adds the APN.
0 Kudos
Comedance2me
Tuning in
Message 59 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Contact Rich B he sorted mine out it's nothing you can sort out at your end Virgin have to do something from their end.

0 Kudos
AWC92
Joining in
Message 60 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Just came to visit my parents in Lithuania and noticed that Data roaming is not working. I noticed that my APN settings are wrong, yet they seemed to work fine in the UK. I set them according to the instructions on this page (https://virgin.wdsglobal.com/phonefirst?captchaEnabled=true&contractId=289&networkId=84&countryId=36...) yet it doesn't seem to have helped. Are these the most up to date settings? Any advice on how to troubleshoot this problem?

0 Kudos