Menu
Markmpk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Phone Internet Issues

Hello,

Basically I am having issues with the internet on my Mobile Phone. Most of the time the speed is H+ which is apparently fast and sometimes it work fine, but most of the time it will randomly freeze, for example I could google something but then it just seems to stop working, nothing I click on will load for a few minutes. Watching videos is near impossible too as they either don't load or get stuck halfway when the internet freezes.

I don't understand why this happens, literally one minute it runs as fast as you like, the next it stops completely. There is no fluctuation in signal, it's always pretty high and I have unlimited data. I really don't know why it does this but it is very frustrating.

My phone is a Motorola Moto G, Android.

Thank you for any help.

Mark

0 Kudos
ilike2burnthing
Rising star
Message 2 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Phone Internet Issues

So it's just the internet which is freezing, not the phone itself? You can still use other apps, send and answer messages and calls?

While these freezes happen, does it still show H+ connection?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi Markmpk,

I want to get this all sorted for you Smiley Happy

Are you able to PM me your full postcode so that I can get this all checked out?

Come back to me as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
blubludd
Tuning in
Message 4 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I'm using a Windows Lumia 820 and as of this morning my internet and MMS Picture messaging is not working.

Firstly can anyone confirm I have the right settings in;

APN - goto.virginmobile.uk

Username - user

Proxy Server (URL) 193.30.166.4

Proxy Port - 8080

IP Type - IPv4v6

Anyone else having the same issue?

Cheers

Blu

0 Kudos
Lauram340
Tuning in
Message 5 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Having the same issue. Internet not working. Same for someone else in my office.

I have a Samsung S4 but I am not sure that matters if its a network issue
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi Blubludd,

Thanks for your query Smiley Happy

I want to get this all sorted for you.

The settings that you've got for the APN currently, have they been changed at all?

Let me know when you can.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lauram340,

That's not good to hear Smiley Sad

Can you PM your full postcode so that i can look into this?

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Geekpie
Joining in
Message 8 of 77
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem and am using an iPhone 4. I severely doubt this is as a result of botched settings as I haven't gone anywhere near my internet settings and everything was working fine last night. I am in Leeds City Centre. Very annoying Virgin, it's hard enough to get mobile signal in Leeds anyway.
0 Kudos
blubludd
Tuning in
Message 9 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,

Like Geekpie, I've not touched my settings either, not since I got the phone and got it set up to the network. As mentioned all was working fine yesterday and I get a decent signal from where I work.

Don't know if this counts for anything but I'm in Hull not to far from Leeds.

Cheers

Blu

0 Kudos
Markmpk
Tuning in
Message 10 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hey,

Thanks for the response, I'm new to these forums and not really sure how to PM somebody but I don't mind posting my postcode here...

I haven't noticed any issues when I'm at home as I use my wifi there, but at work it just seems to be getting worse and worse. Right now I've had no internet access for at least an hour despite having almost full signal and a H+ symbol showing. I got a speed checker app and when my net is running fine it can go as high as 11.74 mps but during these internet spikes the tester either doesn't establish a connection or tests at 0.85 mps or lower.

I start work at 5am and usually for the first 1-2 hours it is fine, but then the problems start, which might suggest it's due to "high traffic" but even if that is the case it's not really an acceptable excuse as people should be getting what they pay for no matter how many others are using the service.

But anyway I digress, my works postcode is SK14 2JZ and it's about 10 minutes away from where I live so I imagine the issues would be the same whether I'm at work or at home.

Thank you,

Mark

0 Kudos