Menu
Yorkieboy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Nightmare Continues

Due to problems with the local mast I was unable to use my mobile, this at a time when I needed it for important calls (same with my wife's,sons,inlaws nephews and nieces) 

After many calls and no one able to give me a completion date I ported my number to giffgaff, this was completed within 2 hours. Even though no one could give me a date when the problem would be solved and knowing I couldn't use my mobile I was still charged for my 30 days notice

Once the system was operating correctly I decided to port my number back to Virgin Mobile, I have been a loyal customer for many years and have the full package (BigKahuna)

my my number was ported from GiffGaff on Thursday and on Friday my number was showing on my virgin mobile sim so I rang customer service to add my 30 day rolling sim. My account is still showing the old mobile number, after numerous calls I am now told it can take 72 working hours to transfer the numbers and until that time there is nothing they can do

I now have a mobile service once again that I cannot use

Am I a fool for trusting Virgin to sort this out?

Am I a fool for sticking with Virgin for all my telecommunications and entertainment or should I say enough is enough?

once again no compensation, I was also told I couldn't have my old sim plan that I have had for numerous years and had to have a plan that is open to anyone so no loyalty shown to me. 

I I feel I am being penalised for Virgin Medias lack of service

Can anyone recommend a company that gives good customer service to its entertainment and communications customers, enough is enough!!

0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Nightmare Continues

What I would have done was wait for this mast to have been sorted out as its EE any mast will be fixed fairly quick, And use a back up handset on another network, I don't know anyone who has not got a back up mobile, Oh and I wouldn't go with Giff Gaff they get next to nothing from O2 

0 Kudos
Yorkieboy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The problem with that is I was expecting important calls on my number so a back up mobile would not have been much use although I do actually have another mobile. The mast took 2 months to repair

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

dazm33 wrote:

...I don't know anyone who has not got a back up mobile...

I don't (unless you count those belonging to my son and wife, and the crowbar I'd need to use to be able to get them out of their grip to be able to make a call of my own).

0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I mean the majority of people 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

LOL - You seriously think more than 50% of mobile phone owners pay for a backup SIM?

There are always active topics from people who don't even have access to a landline, let alone a backup mobile.

You've even replied to one.

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

dazm33 wrote:

I mean the majority of people 

So, according to you...

We are all supposed to possess a backup phone (complete with another SIM, which you need to PAY for) just because you think 'the majority of people' do or have???

Gorf is probably the same as 90% of 'normal' people, one phone!!! I have ONE phone, my brother has ONE phone, most of the people I know have ...ONE phone???

Wonder exactly which world you are inhabiting.....

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HughJarsse wrote:
Gorf is probably the same as 90% of 'normal' people....

You say the kindest things Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos