Menu
Ceejayqb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Log in and password change

I lost my mobile account password & when I tried to reset it, it kept saying the details were wrong, i.e. user Login & mobile number but they were correct.  What should have taken 2 minutes has now dragged on for 3 hours & I still can't log in.  I did manage to change the password but when I tried to log in with those it just keeps saying it doesn't recognise the details.

Anyway I'm done with Virgin mobile. I thought I had a great deal when I signed up but the stress has sent my blood pressure up again so what number do I call to cancel the account and get a PAC number?  I'm going back to o2 where I never had any issues.  

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

Tags (4)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile Log in & password change

Hi Ceejayqb,

you don't say whether you are Pay as You Go or Pay monthly.

Obviously if Pay Monthly you'll need to give 30 days notice of your intention to cancel (assuming this is a 30 day SIM only contract).

If the reason you want to leave is just because of your problem logging in, I would mention it and they may be able to help.

The number to call is 789 from your Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
PeteH
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Had same problem, at last Virgin support said it was their web pages have problems with iPhone and safari; what are using, is it device / browser specific or general incompetence. I could quote the PM but do not want to drop the VM staff in it.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Ceejayqb,

you don't say whether you are Pay as You Go or Pay monthly.

Obviously if Pay Monthly you'll need to give 30 days notice of your intention to cancel (assuming this is a 30 day SIM only contract).

If the reason you want to leave is just because of your problem logging in, I would mention it and they may be able to help.

The number to call is 789 from your Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
PeteH
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Had same problem, at last Virgin support said it was their web pages have problems with iPhone and safari; what are using, is it device / browser specific or general incompetence. I could quote the PM but do not want to drop the VM staff in it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ceejayqb,

Thank you for posting, it's great to see you.

I am sorry that there seems so be some issue logging into your online account, I would like to help and look into this for you.

I would like to ask a couple more bits of information and security before doing this and I'll be right with you once I have these. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon and welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ceejayqb Smiley Happy

Cheers for the reply and that's awesome news Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that I missed the time to help you, if you need anything in the future, please let me know Smiley Happy

Al

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Ceejayqb
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I did find that number eventually & was able to get it sorted but wasn't given any explanation as to the cause.
0 Kudos
Ceejayqb
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think they had done some update & that is what caused the problem. The support staff sent me a temp password and everything now works as it should.
0 Kudos