Menu
bellringerlizzi
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Internet Issues Abroad

Hello,

I'm posting on behalf of my sister's problems with her mobile internet. She's in Spain on her year abroad with uni, so it's not just a short holiday, and she really needs some internet.

She has an iPhone 5S (iOS9), her roaming is on, EU Internet is off. She bought a travel pass when she got to Spain on Tuesday and has been completely unable to use it.

I've phoned up Virgin twice, and they said everything is fine at their end. They phoned my sister and were not very helpful, saying turn it off and on again. We've tried that.

Please can somebody help?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Internet Issues Abroad

You said Europe Internet was off! I take it that you mean international roaming data is off this is what needs to be on without it then it's wifi only.  iPhones seem to be difficult fit virgin it seems.

0 Kudos
bellringerlizzi
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin's own help guide for iPhone users says to turn off EU Internet otherwise it's just WiFi. International Roaming Data is on.

Could it be something to do with APN/VPN settings?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi bellringerlizzi,

I'm sorry that your sister's Virgin Mobile is unable to access roaming while in Spain. 

Have a look at the following post: HELP GUIDE - Mobile Data Roaming for Pay Monthly / SIMO Customers, this will give you more specific information on what to check. 

If all these checks have been done and there's still a problem, I'll need to take your sister's details so that I can verify the settings on the account are correct. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos