Flag for a moderator

Mobile Data Outage - again

What's going on with data again today?

adsk
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Data Outage - again

It's frustrating. More frustrating is that there is not an announcement on the forum from an official Virgin Mobile spokesperson outlining the reason for the outage, and regular updates about the progress in resolving the issue.

0 Kudos
starz2000
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Come on Virgin, still no word or announcements from you and I haven't had data all day for the 2nd time this week - paying for a service that is not provided and no customer care. I can pay the same price on the 3 network which my partner is on and he actually gets to use the internet on his phone!

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

starz2000 wrote:

Come on Virgin, still no word or announcements from you and I haven't had data all day for the 2nd time this week - paying for a service that is not provided and no customer care. I can pay the same price on the 3 network which my partner is on and he actually gets to use the internet on his phone!

Think yourself lucky, I have had little or no data since Monday evening!! Been repeatedly 'unable to establish a data connection with current internet APN' 'Network code 029'.

This goes on for a while, then data returns for a while then 'unable.....', etc for the rest of the day, then back again, the off, then on for a while.

VM seem to be operating the same policy on mobile service as they do on broadband..'pay a lot, get very little'

3 days now of poor intermittent data, yet, they STILL take the money each month...

And, as  per usual, NOTHING in the way of information, or any help whatsoever!! Guarantee this thread will be ignored by 'staff' as usual as it doesn't fit into their crib 'script'  

They will pretend there is nothing wrong, ignore the thread until all is well again, then come on here asking 'if there is anything we can do to help' 

0 Kudos
HungryMonkey
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same story in Norwich. No data, reboot get data, full signal but emergency calls only, etc. Same issue a couple of years ago, Virgin denied issue, made me test phone a dozen times and sent me about 4 new SIM cards, never listened to the fact it was the same story with other users and phones. Turned out to be EE system issue which only affected certain users and new SIM cards. So report it and wait, last time lasted about 8 weeks until The Register reported on it...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi all

Sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your service lately.

We had some issues with our data service last week, which has since been resolved. If anyone is still experiencing these issues, reboot your handset and give it another go, if it's still the case then get in touch and we'll take a look individually right away.

I hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide