Menu
Daveby
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Data Connection

Recently purchased Moto G 4th Generation, and acquired a new micro sin from virgin , however mobile data is flaky, i have set up APN correctly I do get 3G symbol followed by H then H+, I believe this is the problem while phone scans for various data protocols. Does any one know of a fix for this?

Apparently previous version  of this phone had a code to force 3G data, which works by all accounts, failing that when is Virgin going 4G?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile Data Connection

Ok firstly 3G is basic H is better H+ is better still and the best currently available on Virgin

Carry out a manual network selection, if you have two options saying Virgin chose the one with the lower case v, if only one select that
0 Kudos

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ok firstly 3G is basic H is better H+ is better still and the best currently available on Virgin

Carry out a manual network selection, if you have two options saying Virgin chose the one with the lower case v, if only one select that
0 Kudos
Daveby
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

JOhn, had two options, one being Virgin Media Mobile Internet which is the one I was using the second was Virgin Media Int both spelt exactly as that , I have just swapped them and seems to be working. I live in hope.

Many Thanks.

0 Kudos