Menu
MrGiles2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Contract due to end Feb 2016 Can I change now without penalty?

Hello all, I was on virgin mobile site the other day and noticed that my current contract is coming to an end next Feb 2016. However, the site said I can change contract now and get a new fone (I have seen one on offer with a Tablet thrown in) and its cheaper too. But, if I change now in January will I be charged on the old one until February? I am a little confused, so has anyone got any advice? Change in Jan or wait till end of Feb 2016?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Contract due to end Feb 2016 Can I change now without penalty?

Hi MrGiles2,

Thanks for posting. I'm really pleased to hear you're thinking of upgrading. 

It really depends on the current contract you have. I would recommend calling our mobile team on 0345 6000 789 so we can take look into this for you.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Contract due to end Feb 2016 Can I change now without penalty?

I also agree with Stephen_B's comment

however, assuming that that u have been in contract for the last 2 years an its now ending in Feb. It would be accurate to assume you would be on an old style contract

What that means is you can upgrade 30 days before then of the contract. If you contract ends on the 20th of Feb for arguments sake, you could upgrade on the 20th of January

Some accounts MAY have an early upgrade status which means you MAY be able to upgrade without fee HOWEVER this is no guarantee.. If you wish to do this slightly early and there is no early upgrade status then you can pay the final month / buy out fee to upgrade

hope this helps
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos