Menu
heartbeat
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Broadband costs after useage used up?

Wonder if someone can throw some light on the way that charges are applied after one has used up monthly allowance. The cost as I understand it is that it's £15 per GB, expensive, but how is it charged, is it £15 no matter how much of the 1 GB one uses or is it charged pro rata? Any info appreciated. Man Happy

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile Broadband costs after useage used up?

My understanding is that it's £1 per day if you're on a pay monthly plan, or £1 per 100MB (or part) per day if you're on pay as you go.

Edit: You only pay for days where you use mobile data, so if you're going to be near wifi all day, you can avoid costs if you turn off mobile data on the handset. Yes - even if you have wifi turned on, your handset will occasionally try to use mobile data.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Mobile broadband = is £15/GB after allowance has gone (I see that as £15 for any amount over your allowance - upto 1GB)

Mobile data (as in a normal mobile phone sim) = as Gorf has answered.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My understanding is that it's £1 per day if you're on a pay monthly plan, or £1 per 100MB (or part) per day if you're on pay as you go.

Edit: You only pay for days where you use mobile data, so if you're going to be near wifi all day, you can avoid costs if you turn off mobile data on the handset. Yes - even if you have wifi turned on, your handset will occasionally try to use mobile data.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Mobile broadband = is £15/GB after allowance has gone (I see that as £15 for any amount over your allowance - upto 1GB)

BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
heartbeat
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Gorf wrote:

Thanks for this but I think that is the charge fort using mobile data as per one's mobile phone. What I am referring to is the 'Mobile Broadband' that requires a separate sim card and used in a dongle or other device such as the ZTE which is effect t a mini router allowing up to 10 connections from different devices.

0 Kudos
heartbeat
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

teabag wrote:

I kind of feared that this might be the answer, somewhat steep pricing if you ask me. Don't mind if it's a fair per rata but toi pay out £15 and then maybe only use a little is a bit off putting  to say the least.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's an expensive way for Broadband from the word go, at just over £15 @month for a mere 3GB allowance, but £15 @GB or part of after your allowance is just taking the *.

0 Kudos