Menu
Arlenec
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Account not logging in

I am posting this as a new message as not had a response to my previous one.

Could someone please answer why i cannot gain access to my mobile account.........

Hi,

I have been unable to log into my online mobile account for the past week or so. Who do i contact to try and rectify this. It is so annoying. All i keep getting is the following message:

OOPS...

We're having a few technical problems at the moment. Our team are onto it and we're working as fast as we can to fix it.

What exactly is the technical error which takes over a week to resolve.

VM please sort so i can access my account

0 Kudos
Arlenec
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile Account not logging in

WOW just been informed on the phone that the mobile website will be down until February as they are completing an upate - by that time i will have been a month without access to the mobile account details.

I have had a bill change over the last month and just been informed that they will take the new payment on a date which wasnt the same date as the previous bill.

Direct Debit will be cancelled today so they cannot take the payment on the date she specified until full access to my account is obtained and I can fully check my bills!!

WHAT A JOKE VM

One very unhappy and irate customer

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Arlenec,

I'm really sorry about this.

I want to get this looked into for you.

I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
schomojo
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have been having the same problem for over 4 weeks.  Initially I could access my account and look at my Wife's two accounts that were registered against the same email address but not mine (continually got the Ooops message) and then for the last two weeks or so I cannot access the account at all, getting the same irritating Ooops message.  I have tried re registering against a new email address but get the same problem.

I have called 789 over ten times and had an appalling response.  They either send me a new password which has no effect or pass the issue to their technical team with the promise of a call back, that never happens.

Yesterday I was promised a call back from a supervisor which obviously never happened.

The service I have received has been dreadful.  No doubt I will get a reply asking me to call 789

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Arlenec wrote:

WOW just been informed on the phone that the mobile website will be down until February as they are completing an upate - by that time i will have been a month without access to the mobile account details.

<snip>

They are lying to you. I've been able to access my account and download a PDF of my latest bill within the last minute.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Schomojo,

I'm really sorry you're having trouble with your account. I want to help get this looked into for you. Have you been given any sort of reference number for this just yet?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
RuneyT
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have just had the most frustrating experience with Virgin Mobile, and also cannot log in to my account.

Went to order a SIM only contract online, but the page never completed after nearly half an hour of confirming credit card details and direct debit. The account was setup though, and I confirmed my email address. Now I do not know if the order was processed. Easy to check, right? Nope - Called customer services and they asked for my website password! I NEVER give out passwords but was told they can't check anything without my password. First time in my life a company has asked this. Can't check myself though because "Oops - Something went wrong"

Now I have no idea if my order was processed or not, and I'm certainly not giving out my password.

Not good Virgin Mobile, not good.

0 Kudos
oldgit
Dialled in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure it was your web password they were asking for and not your telephone enquiry password?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

RuneyT wrote:

Now I have no idea if my order was processed or not, and I'm certainly not giving out my password.

Your password is there so that when you phone them, they know they're talking to the right person

Your password is stored on Virgin's system. You trust Virgin not to store it in a plain text file on an insecure server, and yet you don't trust them when you originate the call.

Sure if someone rings you and says "I'm from Virgin, what's your password?" you respond "You tell me" but I can't see why you're so reluctant to confirm your identity when you know this is a Virgin employee.

The only reason you should be reticent about giving your password (when you originate the call) is when you use the same password for everything, but that's dumb too,

0 Kudos
RuneyT
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It was definitely my web account password they wanted.

0 Kudos