Menu
Biscuits0
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Abroad

Hi,

Recently had a new sim. Didn't have time to call and turn on roaming before I left. I managed to do that whilst in Germany so my account now says roaming is on and international call barring is off.

However when I tried to make calls in Germany I'd get an engaged tone, and now in Spain I'm getting an orange mobile message saying that calls are barred.

There's note on my account page asking me to call 789 but I can't make or receive any calls or texts.

Someone please help. Please.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile Abroad

Hi Biscuits0,

when I click on this link: Help and Support - Contact Us then select Mobile then select Help with your mobile then I can select Chat online.

I'm using a PC but there is also "Contact us" link at the very bottom of this page when you look on a mobile.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Biscuits0,

if you can borrow a phone to call Virgin Mobile or use a payphone the number is: +447953 967 967

Alternatively, web-chat may be able to help: Help and Support - Contact Us > Mobile > Mobile not working > Chat online.

The advisors are often busy though so you may not get connected straight away.
(Keep the page open and just refresh it every few minutes).

0 Kudos
Biscuits0
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. I've had a look on that link but I can't find the web chat. Do you have a link to it please?

Will I be able to see it when browsing via my mobile or will it only show on laptops?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Biscuits0,

when I click on this link: Help and Support - Contact Us then select Mobile then select Help with your mobile then I can select Chat online.

I'm using a PC but there is also "Contact us" link at the very bottom of this page when you look on a mobile.

Biscuits0
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Called the helpline. My DD was cancelled for some reason, they've turned it back on and it's working now. Cheers.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Biscuits0,

Welcome into the Community and thank you for taking the time to write to us, I hope you've been having a blast away! Smiley Happy

I can see that you've had some advice from AlexKid, (thank you), and that it's helped identify a DD issue that is now sorted Smiley Happy

I would like let you know that if there is anything that the Community or the Team can answer for you, just drop in anytime with a comment Smiley Happy

Take care and hope it's warm wherever you are Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos