Menu
andy989
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Missed call alert

Hi all !  When my voicemail is off, and someone rings, if I miss it they get the "I'm sorry, but the person you are calling is not available right now. But if you like, we can send them a free message to let them know you have called".

Can I get rid of this too so that the phone simply rings for long enough for me to answer it ? It cuts in far too early !!!!

Thanks, Andy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missed call alert

Hi Andy,

Virgin Mobile have recently upgraded their voicemail system and I haven't tried this since.
Previously though you could adjust your ring time from 5 seconds upto a maximum of 30 seconds:

Tap *#67# into your phone and press call.

Make a note of the number that's displayed, including the + symbol (this is your Voicemail number).

Enter the following code **61* Voicemail number**number of seconds you want it to ring#

Choose from 5 seconds ring to 30 seconds (maximum) in multiples of 5

e.g: **61*+440011123456789**30# (30 denotes 30 seconds) maximum time.

I hope this works for you Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
andy989
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks AlexKid, seems Virgin customer services don't know an awful lot about the new vmail system. They told me they'd remove the whole service but that didn't work. I'll give your suggestion a try (it might give me a little more time to answer) although I was hoping to get rid of it entirely.

Here's hoping, Andy

0 Kudos
andy989
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok here's an update !   I managed to speak to someone from customer services and they can change this service setting but, have to change the sim card too !

So they are kindly sending me a free replacement sim card. All I have to do is replace the sim and call them to activate the old default settings.

If this works I will be a very happy customer, but let's not get too exited just yet :-)

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy989,

Thank you for coming in, welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

I can see that you have had some helpful advice from AlexKid and apart form calling in, were you able to try this method?

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
andy989
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben, well I was going to try it but thought I'd give customer services one more try first. So I can't really say whether or not it would have worked.

However, it does puzzle me a little bit that, in the end, the service settings couldn't be changed and a replacement sim was the only option.

I'm also fairly sure I'm not the only one that isn't a huge fan of the new vmail system. It would be nice for the user to be able to choose more settings options from their phone !.

Anyway, all input was, and is, appreciated and I think this is one of the better forums out there. Virgin customer services came through with the result I was after and I am a happy customer !!!!!

Thanks all, Andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy989,

Thank you for comingback to me Smiley Happy

It's certainly difficult to see what was the fix but what's important is that this is sorted. The new Voicemail service is something we're working with and working to iron out any creases.

Thank you for your feedback and please let me know if I can help you in the future.

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos