Menu
ncbr
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Missed call alert, when phone is OFF or without coverage

Is there a way to turn Missed call alerts ON, for when my phone is OFF or without coverage?

I do not want to use voicemail for this because text messages are only sent if people stay at the phone and ear the complete message from voicemail (which they often do not) and agree on doing that.

I am pretty sure this was possible in the past, and I know that operators like O2 provide this service for free.

Please, any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
ncbr
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Missed call alert, when phone is OFF or without coverage

I am facing the exact same problem as you are. It is very annoying not know if people tried to contact you.

Please let me know if you had your problem sorted.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi ncbr,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. We do offer a missed call service.

Customers who don't have voicemail can receive a text message from us, letting them know when they've had a missed call. The caller will also be advised that we're going to send a text to the customer, however, if the callers number is withheld, they won't be given this option. This is a free service in the UK and abroad, and is automatically turned on for all customers without Voicemail. However, customers can select to turn the service off and back on again if they wish.

To turn service on - Just text START to 4567

Customer will then receive the below text message. 'Thanks! We'll set up your free messaging service with 48 hours. If you'd like to set up voicemail instead, simply dial 222. Find out more at www.virginmedia.com/help.

To turn Service off - Just text STOP to 4567.

Customers will then receive the below text message 'Thanks, we'll turn this text service off within 48 hours. To start using it again just text START to 4567. Want to set up voicemail instead? Simply dial 222.

Please let us know how you get on with this.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
ncbr
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Terri.

I already experimented the START to 4567.

The problem is that if the caller hangs up before authorising the message to be sent, I will not know if someone tried to call me.

I tried with voicemail active and disabled.

Do you know if what I am asking is possible?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi ncbr,

The only options we offer are voicemail and texting START to 4597 for a missed call text message to be sent to you. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes. Just to double check this--do you mean the little icon received on your phone when you miss a call? Do the missed calls show on your call log? 

Thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
ncbr
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri_P,

If my phone is OFF, I will not get the missed call icon on my phone, and I am perfectly fine with that and understand why that doesn't happen.

I think that the problem I am facing is caused by the network, not the phone.

The thing is, if I am either without coverage or the phone is OFF and someone tries to call me (without leaving a voice mail message), I will not get a notification (after, when I have network coverage or phone is back ON), that someone with phone number "xyz" tried to call me.

I only get a notification if that person leaves me a voice mail message.

I tried 4597 and it doesn't work.

I have looked in the community and it seems I am not the only one with this problem, but so far no solutions have been presented.

Do you have any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi ncbr,

Thanks for getting back to me and verifying what's happening with your missing call alerts. I don't know what's causing this, but I will check on this for you with one of our Mobile Techs. As soon as I have an answer, I'll get straight back to you.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi ncbr,

I've had an update on the missed call alert for you.

Not all handsets will give the generic "you have missed a call" notification/alert, and if people are hanging up before sending the free text, then there isn't any way to alert you of the call. Some of the newer Samsung handsets will show missed calls when the phone's off etc. however it doesn’t happen all the time, unfortunately.

If you would like to discuss this in detail with our Mobile Tech team, give us a call on or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) or 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline). 

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos