Menu
Charlville
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Misleading Picture Message Charges

I have a SIM only deal on my iPhone and have recently been ending up with substantial charges for picture messages despite no use of MMS. Trawling around the forums I see that things like emoticons can generate these charges.

Judging by the amount of traffic on this subject I'd like to see this made a lot clearer by Virgin as most other providers do not levy these charges for this type of usage.

Either include these type of messages in the tariffs or at the very least offer a capped option to include them, (unless you already do and I can't find it? Smiley Happy)

The current situation is pretty unsatisfactory, in the meantime it might be good to make a clear statement what constitutes a picture message in a clear place on the website?

Please advise?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Misleading Picture Message Charges

Most charge for MMS.

Three recently put up their charges but suggested people use the likes of WhatsApp to avoid them.

Most likely it will be your phone that is converting your MMS. Depending on the make and model there are a number of ways to do this.

Another way is to remove the MMS settings from the phone.

All Replies
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Most charge for MMS.

Three recently put up their charges but suggested people use the likes of WhatsApp to avoid them.

Most likely it will be your phone that is converting your MMS. Depending on the make and model there are a number of ways to do this.

Another way is to remove the MMS settings from the phone.

Charlville
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nice one thanks, will switch it off. Hopefully a clarification will forthcoming from Virgin ref the charging model?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Charlville,

out of tariff charges can be found here: http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-monthly/pay-monthly-call-charges.html

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
blawre
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Beware, if you put an entry in thr "Subject" field of your message, you will be charges as a picture.

What a scam!

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A SMS does not have a "subject" line, by using that option - you have chosen to change a SMS into a MMS and will be charged accordingly.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos