Menu
kelseylawrence_
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Mirco sim won't activate

I purchased a Motorola moto g yesterday and was given a micro sim and told to activate it myself using a link. Once home I did so and waited for the micro sim to activate and my old one to stop working, I was told in the shop this may take 10 minutes or a little longer. After a few hours of nothing happening I phoned up and the Lady I spoke to said to text READY to 789678, so I did and yet again nothing happened. I rang again and the man I spoke to told me he tried to manually activate my sim but he was unable to so he had told the it & technical department to try and activate my sim. I was told this would take around 24 hours, which it has been. Nothing has yet happened and my new phone has no signal and says emergency calls only. Could someone please help me with my issue and give me some correct information please,
Kelsey
0 Kudos
mattcorp
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mirco sim won't activate

Sim activation can take upto 24 hours. Try rebooting yur phone by removing the battery and sim then replacing it back. If this does not do the trick, you may want to call 789 to have a replacement sim card. This might be a sim issue since usually replacement sim shuld come directly from virgin warehouse.
0 Kudos
kelseylawrence_
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It has actually been 24 hours, but unfortunately my battery is unremovable, will have to ring virgin for a new sim, thanks for the info!
0 Kudos
kelseylawrence_
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just rang up, apparently its going to tale 5 working days now, absoloutely appauled that I should have to wait that long for a phone to be in use.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi kelseylawrence_

Sorry to hear that you had some problems getting your new SIM card to work, but it's good to hear we've got a replacement on its way to you.

While it can take up to 5 working days to arrive, it's usually much sooner and fingers crossed it'll be with your shortly if it isn't already.

Keep us posted on it.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
johnnythrostle
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

ive had similar issues with mine yesterday,i changed from a bog standard sim payg to a micro sim on sim only deal and wanted to transfer my old number over onto the new sim virgin to virgin.im now awaiting a 3rd micro sim to arrive in the post tomorrow the techs at virgin are dreadful and incompetent

0 Kudos
mammynetty
Just joined
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem and I am NOT happy! I understand as I want to use the same number but a different sim card that it may take a while to activate but my old sim card DEACTIVATED within minutes! Still waiting since 7pm last night for new one to kick in, meanwhile I am left without a phone! not amused! also my phone was an upgrade and the plug they have sent for my charger does not fit ANY of my sockets!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi mammynetty,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I sincerely apologise your new SIM card hasn't been activated. I can understand how frustrating this can be as you've said you're effectively left without a phone now.

I see it's been 24 hours since you've posted. Has the new SIM card been activated now? They do usually take up to 24 hours to go live.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
wendyb1
Just joined
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem I am on holiday in Rep. of Ireland do I have to be in UK for it to activate? have now been without a phone for two weeks as I had to wait for sim to be sent to home address then on to here.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi wendyb1,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to activate your SIM card while in Ireland. You need to be in the UK to activate a new SIM card.

Checking into this, I can see that you have called in about this. Has this been sorted out for you?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos