Menu
Pandaeyes
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Micro sim

Hi my oh is on a virgin contract with you.
He has an old iPhone 4 with your sim in it. I have just bought him a nexus Google 5x for Christmas and the sim card won't fit. He doesn't know I've bought it him (until Christmas day). How can I get him a new sim that will fit without blowing the surprise?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Micro sim

Hi,

I don't think you'll be able to surprise him with that one.

As the present SIM is no doubt registered in his name, he'll need to give the Virgin mobile team a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 & request a new SIM of the correct size.

It will cost 99p standard post or £2.99 for next day delivery (Christmas post though will hold things up).

Or he could pop into the nearest Virgin store.

I guess he'll just have to wait until after Christmas if you don't want to blow the surprise.

Or if he is desperate to use it Christmas day when he receives it, he could just cut his present SIM down to size. - I know it seems like a scary thing to do but it's actually dead easy. There are plenty of "how to" videos on Youtube. He could always have a go first with an old/spare SIM if you have one. Just to as a confidence booster

AlexKid :-)

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi again,

another thought, you could buy him a SIM card cutter to go with his new phone on Christmas day.

$_57 (1).JPG

I've never used one myself (just a sharp pair of scissors) but should work OK & they're only a few pounds .

Worth considering?

AlexKid :-)

Pandaeyes
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Definitely looks like he'll have to wait as neither of us are that good at anything like that. Will get him to call up after Christmas.
Thank you for all your help though!
0 Kudos