Menu
sheppitydawg
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Micro Sim to Nano SIM request fails!

Hi,

I have recently purchased a new mobile whilst on a monthly contract (purchased outside of the contract just for clarity).

Unfortunately the new mobile takes a nano sim and I have a micro sim.

I have tried to order a new sim over the last 2 weeks  after  the Virginmobile service was upgraded and they cannot process a replacement sim as the system shows an error and cannot complete the order.

The error is being looked at ,but no indication of a solution as of  today and no indication of a solution in sight either!!

Clearly a PAYG sim is of no use,is there anyone who can provide any alternative route to changing my sim?

The instruction manual clearly states not to use a cut down Sim as it could damage the phone...so I have to rule this out.

2 weeks and no further forward is ridiculous,what would have happened if I had upgraded my phone and gone through the same change of sim.

It is getting frustrating considerably more as the new system is supposed to be an improvement!

Shepps

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Micro Sim to Nano SIM request fails!

Hi Shepps,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're unable to order the new sim currently. This isn't something we like to see.

Have you called up since posting this thread?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
sheppitydawg
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Fortunately this service just became available in the Virginmedia stores when I made and enquiry in-store the other day.

They managed to provide and activate the new sim straight away so I am operational now.

Clearly it is a new option to future customers with the same issue ....and an easier route too if you have storres locally!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear you got this all sorted sheppitydawg Smiley Happy

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos