Menu
willfoster
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Micro Sim Contacts Export Problem

Hi,

I have upgraded from a Samsung S3 to a J3 and had all my contacts on the S3 device. I inserted the new microsim (but with the larger sim holder) into the S3 and exported contacts. I then inserted the microsim to the new handset and imported, however, it seems to have imported some numbers but for many of my contacts it has only imported their name (and sometimes email address) - I know the numbers were on the old phone device!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
mronks
Dialled in
Message 11 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Micro Sim Contacts Export Problem

Not really, sims for like the last 5-10 years have been able to store about 500 contacts. It's still not worth it though and is deliberately made difficult.

Anyway, sign into your original google account at www.google.co.uk/contacts if you can see all your contacts, great. If not go on the old phone, settings, accounts and google and sync contacts (you could add your wifes account now, but I wouldn't bother at this stage). Once syned they should appear online, export them and sign out. Sign in with your wives account, import the contacts (from the file you just exported), they should then sync to her phone with that account on.

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If you have got the old phone sync your contacts via Google and then sync them back to the new phone.

0 Kudos
willfoster
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Have never really used google but so will give it a go thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Willfoster,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message to the Community again.

I was going to suggest what Enlli has mention but they have beaten me to it Smiley Tongue

How did you get on in the end, all sorted now?

Keep in touch and thank you.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
willfoster
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sadly NO. the original phone was set up using my google account (at the time my wife didn't have one) but i set this phone up with her own google account and I couldn't find a way of changing the original phone to her google acount without resetting which woud wipe contacts. I don't understand why the transfer of SIM didn't poart across all the contact information and am still a little stuck. Might be a manual re-enter!!
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Never used it but you can have a go at this

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You could also reset the new phone to your google account and then change it back after the sync.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You need to be aware that putting contacts on the SIM card is a NoNoNoNoNo no,to many can stop the sim from working, it only holds a dozen or so complete details, it was a system for the very old non smart phones and should actively be discouraged.
Always save your contacts to the phone, then as been advised use Google accounts or similar to ensure all the important stuff if backed up as safe as possible.
0 Kudos
willfoster
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you I didn't know,know,know that it was a no,no,no and it makes good sense now that you have said it but I would never have thought it - probably explains the problem and avoids it continuing to hit issues. will transfer contacts to device, delete them from SIM and then use google in future - thank you again

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You you you your welcome

Happy to help
0 Kudos