Menu
bizilizi
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mgage

Well I've found out why my phone charges are so high company called Mgage charging me £30 for texts..what is that all about..never heard of them and certainly never signed up..who are they!!
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mgage

An SMS service provider, but it will be someone else sending the messages through them. 

Got a number or shortcode?

0 Kudos
bizilizi
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dear Enlli

I have left them a message to ring my mobile but may try them again today.

Bizi
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi bizilizi

Sorry to hear about these unexpected charges - I'm glad you've got to the bottom of things now though.

Have you been able to get some further assistance from this company now?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
bizilizi
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dear Mark

Mgage gave me an email and tel number. I emailed (twice) and had no response and I then called them and a customer care assistant said I could not have my money back as I had requested the service. I've since noticed that these 'services' come up more often now...it is a scam and I am thinking of giving g up my contract with Virgin and buying g a phone and SIM where I will gave more control over costs.

Bizi
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bizi

I hope you get this sorted out. I can see that the company provides an SMS service and that whichever company is texting you via this method is creating these charges.

If you were to change your mobile number with us by speaking to our teams via 0345 6000 789, or 789 from your mobile, you'll be able to order a new SIM with us which effectively would stop these texts from coming through. The SIM's are sent out via Royal Mail in 2-3 days or you can pay for 24 hr delivery to fast track this at a one off cost of £2.99.

Give the teams a call and good luck Smiley Happy

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos