Menu
Bumphreys
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Messenger Games

Hi anyone,

Now, I know this is one of the most petty complaints that I could ever make, but as these games have pretty much become my entire life (I'm in sixth form doing all the Maths - so I have too much spare time and only a couple of friends); I would like to know if there's a solution to this.

Upon opening a game after a tiring two free lessons, I find myself looking at the usual pre-loading screen. However, instead of progressing to the usual loading screen, a red bar appears (as if by an unseen hand, instructing me to do something productive with my time) saying:

Game failed to load, please try again.

The horror! Good sirs, I am on the verge of tears by this point... the trauma I am enduring! Unparalleled!

In all seriousness, it would be nice to have this fixed; however I do recognise that this won't really occupy the top of anyone's list of priorities. A hunch tells me it's to do with the free messaging provided (Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and whatever else)... but I'm most probably wrong.

I'd really appreciate any help with this,

Cheers

(here's a picture of what appears)

Screenshot_20170307-165932.jpg

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Messenger Games

Hi Bumphreys,

It's great to have you onboard here with us on the Community Forum--welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having distressing problems with your game. Apologies as well for the delay in responding to your post. Has this started working for you since your post?

Please let me know if you're still having a problem with this. 

Also, please let me know if you're using a WiFi connection or your mobile data when playing this game? Does it load if you switch one off and try the other?

Do you have the same issue if you try this via another device (a different handset, tablet or PC)?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Bumphreys,

It's great to have you onboard here with us on the Community Forum--welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having distressing problems with your game. Apologies as well for the delay in responding to your post. Has this started working for you since your post?

Please let me know if you're still having a problem with this. 

Also, please let me know if you're using a WiFi connection or your mobile data when playing this game? Does it load if you switch one off and try the other?

Do you have the same issue if you try this via another device (a different handset, tablet or PC)?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Bumphreys
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I sure do feel welcome. I'm glad to hear that you're appreciating the full severity of my predicament. Regrettably, the games still do not work.

After trying to load any of the games using Data, they don't work/appear when using WiFi; but if I uninstall Messenger and reinstall it using WiFi, the games work (but only when using WiFi, which is BT, sorry). So I don't think it's the phone, if that's what you were asking.

The games work fine on PC, this problem only seems to occur when using Virgin Media Data.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for getting back to me, Bumphreys.

What's the make/model of your mobile and what OS/iOS is it running? 

There could be a SIM problem or a network issue causing this, so we need to rule out handset issues first.

In order to check the network, I'll need to take more information from you, so I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Also I have to mention publicly that if you are under the age of 18, you must have a parent's or guardian's permission to use the Forum. You mentioned that you're in Sixth Form, so we have to make sure we adhere to the Community rules.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos