Menu
jazzabrazza
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Message Envelope in new Voicemail

Where is the "listen to message envelope" option gone? It used to be accessed by pressing 5 but is nowhere to be found in the new system. Your helpline operator told me to try pressing 7 which just gave an error message. Without it, voicemail is useless to me and I will be changing my outgoing message to tell people not to leave a message or to sign up to Virgin mobile as their new voicemail sucks.

Helpful Answers
alan7070
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Message Envelope in new Voicemail

Good news! You can now press 4 to get a txt of the caller’s number. For me this is an upgrade over the previous archaic text to speech option and very handy if you want to add them to contacts etc.

Hopefully everyone else has the same option.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you're going to go to the effort of changing your outbound message, why don't you just ask the caller to leave their number?

I'm not defending Virgin for removing functionality, but leaving a contact number when you leave a message is simple good manners.
0 Kudos
AndyT8
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Quite agree with you. VirginMedia call it a new improved voicemail service but they leave out a very important feature which the old system already had = The Message Envelope. People have more than ONE phone these days so it is essential for the number they called from to be available to easily return the call. Callers expect this (if they don't withhold their number). Even my home answerphone on BT landline will give you the number of the caller so its easy to return the call to the correct person & phone number.

Come on Virgin - put this feature into the new voicemail please.
jazzabrazza
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Of course I have asked that they leave a number. It makes my outgoing message a bit more long winded and nobody likes to have to wait to hear these things, but most importantly, what you suggest is not really much of a solution. The amount of times I cannot clearly hear detail in some messages due to poor recording quality or poor reception either by the caller when leaving the message or from my phone when trying to access it means that your solution is unreliable at best. Sorry, but it's just not good enough from them. As you say, there was a functionality, a vital one at that, which was removed during improvements.

to make matters worse, I have spent some time now on the helpline to try and find out what has happened and if it is possible to access callers numbers when they leave voicemail, as they don't appear in my missed calls list and message envelope access is nowhere to be seen. Typically EVERY support person I have spoken to is either completely ignorant of the situation or gives me information which is simply not true. Nobody has been able to give me a simple yes or no answer as to whether or not the message envelope function is still there or not. This is after calling several times and speaking to different people and even being passed on to "technical support". All about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

This is a MAJOR balls up, Virgin Mobile. It renders your voicemail useless to me and is a deal breaker unless fixed very soon. If not, I WILL be switching mobile provider and telling everyone I know why I have done so. Over to you.

alan7070
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem and will also have to move to another provider. Same problems trying to get a solution from tech support too.

It would be nice if someone took ownership of this and provided a definitive answer.

jazzabrazza
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ok, so I actually spoke yesterday to someone on their helplines who had what sounds like hard information on it rather than a load of ignorant flannel as had previously been the case. I was told that this feature was not currently available in their new voicemail system but that it would be implemented on or just after August 11th.

God only knows why they have done this, launching a half baked new improved system (possibly they have just reinstated it as a result of complaints) but the guy was quite definite about it. I did spell out to him that I would be switching provider if it didn't appear by that date.

Hope this helps everyone.

alan7070
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Excellent work jazza… extremely helpful Smiley Happy

I was ready to switch to Three so if they live up to that promise your post will have retained a customer for VM… you deserve some sort of retention voucher.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I hope your correct, as my call yesterday got no such answer, despite it being answered in the UK and the Guy sounded like he was a little interested in helping me.

0 Kudos
alan7070
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good news! You can now press 4 to get a txt of the caller’s number. For me this is an upgrade over the previous archaic text to speech option and very handy if you want to add them to contacts etc.

Hopefully everyone else has the same option.

J0hn
Super solver
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Lol after deleting all my saved messages a few days ago, I'll need to wait to check

0 Kudos