Menu
Grange45
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Making Calls from Abroad

I activated roaming in 'my account' before travelling to Spain yesterday. I can send texts but cannot make calls what is the problem? Do I need to do anything else? I need to make calls to the UK. Any suggestions appreciated
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Making Calls from Abroad

Hi Grange45,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're unable to make calls currently. So we can get this all sorted for you, can you let me know what phone you're using?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Grange45
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat

It is an iPhone 4s. I am back in the UK at the minute but go back to Spain on Mondsy for 3 days so could do with this sorting ASAP

I have checked again and in my account it shows roaming as activated but international call barring is also activated. Is this the problem. If so I do not appear to be able to de-activate that?
Nick

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Grange45

Thanks for getting back in touch.

The international call barring does indeed need to be deactivated for you to be able to make calls from abroad.

You should be able to disable the bar on the same page as your roaming settings on your Online Account.

If you're still having some trouble setting this, just give the team a call on 789 / 0345 600 0789 and we'll be happy to help further.

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Grange45
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mark

Have gone online (which took forever to get in). Have changedinternation call barring to off but it doesn't let me update it to show as de-active this is proving very frustrating and time consuming for somthing that should be easy. I guess I will have to phone through when u finish work unless you can do something more? Nick
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nick

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I'm sorry once again that this isn't working correctly for you.

Just give the team a call on the number above and we'll get on the case Smiley Happy

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos