Menu
paulphillips
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

MOBILE PHONE NOT ARRIVED!

Hi, On Thursday I upgraded my Mobile Phone to the Galaxy S6..the package included a free Galaxy tab 4.

I was assured my phone and tablet would arrive by courier on the following day.

as promised I received a Parcel the following day, after signing, I opened the box to find a tablet only, but with the paperwork for the phone?!?

I immediately phoned Virgin to advise them, where I was given excuses, saying that it's probably going to arrive separately, but I told them of my concerns that I have a box with paperwork for a phone... and NO PHONE! They also said they contacted yodel regarding this.

YODEL, who sent out the parcel only ever had 1 parcel to send to my address... Also have never received any correspondence from virgin!

so it seems to me that it's a problem from VIRGIN'S end..

Now, checking on my virgin account on-line I am being charged for a phone that has never arrived... if it is not resolved quickly I will terminate my contract with them.

anybody have any advice, as I Keep phoning virgin and I am having to deal with foreign call centres with staff sounding very uninterested in my situation!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: MOBILE PHONE NOT ARRIVED!

Hi Paulphillips

As I don't have your account details I don't know the stage this is at.

It may have gone to fraud to have a look at. If its confirmed by Yodel that the parcel has gone missing then the process of getting a replacement should be straight forward

I do get how frustrating this maybe during the festive period and can I assure you we will try and get this fixed asap.

I will try and get one of my colleagues to post so he can request your mobile number and password. Id rather it go through the official forum team ( I am staff but not forum staff , )

me and my colleague can try and get this fixed for you

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi paulphillips,

Sorry to hear this issue is ongoing for you. Appreciate this is frustrating.

I will drop you a PM shortly (purple envelope, top right hand side) so I can take a look at this for you.

Kind regards

Steve

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
paulphillips
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Looks like things are finally getting sorted!. After demanding that I spoke to someone in a unique call centre I finally got through to a really decent chap, Domonic, who was extremely helpful.. took all the details and it seems to look like the phone was never packed in the box in the first place..also according to him he's never heard of this happening before... just my luck huh... hopefully someone is going to contact me soon and I should get my new handset in the next few days... fingers crossed!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear you're on the verge of getting this all sorted Paulphillips Smiley Happy

Welcome to the forums as well! I hope you're enjoying it.

Please keep me updated with this. I'm here if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
paulphillips
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Been 3 weeks now.. apparently yodel are being investigated but virgin have not gave me any courtesy calls to inform me of what's happening.....
How long am I supposed to wait????
I understand it's most probably not virgin's fault directly and more than likely yodel, but virgin are responsible to send me the product I am paying for.
I expect a full refund for any bill I am being charged and if I don't get a positive response towards resolving this issue I will be forced to seek legal advice .
I am very disappointed with virgin!!! I feel very badly treated, for someone being loyal and renewing my contract!
0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Paulphillips

As I don't have your account details I don't know the stage this is at.

It may have gone to fraud to have a look at. If its confirmed by Yodel that the parcel has gone missing then the process of getting a replacement should be straight forward

I do get how frustrating this maybe during the festive period and can I assure you we will try and get this fixed asap.

I will try and get one of my colleagues to post so he can request your mobile number and password. Id rather it go through the official forum team ( I am staff but not forum staff , )

me and my colleague can try and get this fixed for you

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi paulphillips,

Sorry to hear this issue is ongoing for you. Appreciate this is frustrating.

I will drop you a PM shortly (purple envelope, top right hand side) so I can take a look at this for you.

Kind regards

Steve

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

paulphillips
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks...look forward to reading your message I really hope that this situation can be resolved soon... I at least want to be updated on the situation... the fact they are waiting for a response from yodel isn't good enough.. the imei number has been blocked.. the phone, wherever it is will be useless, so I don't understand why, as a customer and a returning customer renewing my contract I'm not just being sent out a new handset... the issue of yodel stealing from virgin mobile is virgin's problem not mine. I just want what I'm paying for and feel that although I am the victim I am having to do all the chasing up and nothing seems to be happening... and I'm afraid, when the time comes when I will be sent out another handset I will not be comfortable at all with yodel sending me the parcel.
This has given me loads of added stress that I really didn't need before Christmas.. the phone was a treat to myself ..and I was going to gift the free tablet to my daughter for xmas, which I couldn't do until all this mess is sorted, so she missed out too.... I feel really let down and in cases like this measures should be taken so the customer gets a faster resolution..because waiting for a month is just not good enough.
0 Kudos
paulphillips
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The problem is that yodel will not confirm the parcel went missing because the parcel didn't go missing.
I signed for the said parcel but an item was missing. (Looks like it was stolen from under the box as security tape was only over top and sides).
So this makes things more awkward..
So if they are waiting for confirmation from yodel... yes the parcel was delivered.. but now it's a case of proving where it's gone!.. now by the looks if things I can't see how that's going to be done... so what's next? Unless the phone is somehow found.. How will it get to the next step and closer to a resolution my end?
0 Kudos