Menu
Nicolapaybox
Just joined
Message 1 of 96
Flag for a moderator

MMS message problem

My sister has sent a picture of her new baby but I can't view it!. It says "You have been sent an MMS message. To collect it, visit https://getmessage.virginmobile.....etc" and gives a message code. When I click on the link I am prompted to put in my mobile phone number and password, which I do but get a message that it is incorrect. When I've typed the url on my laptop to access it that way I get an error message saying unable to connect. Any ideas???

Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 96
Flag for a moderator

Re: MMS message problem

Hi Nicolapaybox,

Congratulations on the baby Smiley Happy 

If the phone cannot view MMS messages, it means that MMS has not been activated just yet.

You would firstly need to make sure that your phone has internet enabled and has all the correct settings in the phone. You can find this here

Once that is all set up, all you will need to do is send a picture message to your own number and you'll be good to go Smiley Happy 

Thanks

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
spooksman
Tuning in
Message 3 of 96
Flag for a moderator

I know it's a small thing, but when you set up an account with Virgin that has MMS as part of the deal, it would be nice if it was enabled rather than you having to pay an extra 40p to set it up. That is without having to 'find out' you need to send an MMS first, either by coming here and reading or calling 789 and talking toanotehr country.

As I said, small thing, but surely Virgin want a new customer to be happy with their contract, and I would have thought extra calls to 789 were not really what they wanted.

KennyCrawford
Just joined
Message 4 of 96
Flag for a moderator

Firstly this is one of the most clunky unintuitive 'help' forums I've ever seen, it's the 21st century now guys, do better.  Secondly the MMs system for Virgin Mobile is a disgrace.  When receiving a message you're asked to go to a webpage that doesn't display in a usable form from the mobile itself.  Trying the address from my PC I'm asked for phone number and 'the Password we sent you by SMS'  uhmm reviewing all my received SMS from the date I got the phone - no such SMS has ever been received.  So... in essence we have a 'Smart' phone that's been dumbed down because it cannot functionally receive MMS messages due to a bafflingly stupid system that Virgin have in place.  On the plus side there's always Whatsapp, but that a: Doesn't make Virgin money so why are they forcing people into it?  And b: Doesn't help much when someone sends you an MMS.  Anyway... pull your finger out Virgin.

Forum Team (Retired) Rita-B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 96
Flag for a moderator

Hi KennyCrawford,

Thank you for your message and sorry to hear you been having issues receiving MMS. If you do not have MMS set up on the phone, it will direct you to our getmessage.virginmobile.co.uk website.

I would recommend getting the MMS setting for your phone here, so you can receive MMS directly to you phone Smiley Happy

Please let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Rita B
Help & Support Forum Team

0 Kudos
cheekymonkeynut
Just joined
Message 6 of 96
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

Hope you don't mind me taggin on the end of this but I am having problems with my mms on my new virgin mobly - Samsung Galaxy S3 mini. Have followed all the instructions as per the help centre here: http://mobilehelp.virginmedia.com/scenario/Galaxy_S_III_Mini_NFC/Virgin_Mobile/en/How_do_I_set_up_in... but it still doesn't work, I've rebooted and no joy, still comes up with "go to www. bla bla to view mms" - any ideas please, my lil niece is stressin haha!! Thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 96
Flag for a moderator

Hi cheekymonkeynut

Thanks for joining our community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear the picture message isn't working for you.

Can you confirm if you've tried to send a picture message yourself? Once you send an MMS, the network will be configured correctly and any future MMS messages you receive should be delivered to your handset.

If you've tried sending the MMS, could you confirm what happens? Do you receive any error messages?

It may be worth clicking the 'Reset to Default' option from the 'Access Point Names' screen as this should reset all the values to the correct setting for Virgin Mobile.

You also need to have mobile data turned on and working correctly to receive an MMS as MMS messages use the mobile data network.

To confirm this is working, turn off your WiFi and check that the phone will load a webpage correctly over 3G.

Hopefully this will get MMS working for you, but keep us posted on it Smiley Happy

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Skysurfer
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 96
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem, it goes with a second-rate service. I have just received a text saying goto "getmessage". When I have received mms's before, bang, on my phone, no problem. This time.... Try to login on your phone... can't see the form! Unuseable! Try to get on the website on my PC, "Proxy Error!"

Eventually got in, why, I don't know, (tried three browsers!) but after typing in my number, and the code, nada! "503, service temporarily unavailable"! 

**bleep**?

Virgin, you are pooh, and I'm looking for another provider. I have complained (as have others) about your crap mms service before, and you have chosen to ignore us. Deliberately. Many times. You just couldn't give a crap about us, as long as we pay you. May your company die, along with your don't care attitude!

And as another poor soul has pointed out, what an awful format, this forum is!

Wondering whether Virgin Galactic is going to work as well as this service...
EmmaLou92
Just joined
Message 9 of 96
Flag for a moderator

Im having the same problem. Normally, I can receive picture messages but the last 3 I've been sent have come through as a message saying I need to go to the 'getmessage' weblink. I've done that numerous times and put in the correct details but the website refuses to login saying that I haven't put in the correct mobile number or code.

This is getting extremely frustrating as I need to see these messages. Any ideas why the 'getmessage' is not letting me log in????

0 Kudos
nckbee
Tuning in
Message 10 of 96
Flag for a moderator

I had a similar problem and I spoke to a lovely, helpful person called Rich in the Phillipines last  night. My iphone 4s has been reconfigured, and having waited 24 hours and sent a picture to my own number, I can now send and receive MMS. Smiley Happy

However I still have some old messages which refer me to the "get message" website which asks me to input my number and the password I have been sent. I can't find any record of having been sent a password, and consequently still can't access these old picture messages!! Please advise.

0 Kudos