Menu
Ryan_gilmore98
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

MMS Problems

I am not receiving many of my messages and even when I do I don't get all of it. A huge chunk will be missing. This has been an ongoing problem even with my old phone when I had virgin mobile so I don't think it's my phone. I'm fed up with it because I've missed out on MULTIPLE events, plans, messages containing very important information, etc. Please help me with this.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: MMS Problems

Hi Ryan_gilmore98,

Thank you for coming in and posting, welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

I am sorry to learn that there's been some problems with the text messages. I can see you've mentioned that the content of the message is sometimes limited. Are you finding these are coming from all numbers, and that when they come in are they shorter than say 160 characters?

Please stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
jeallen01
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon (NOT!)

Without trying to be the least bit **bleep**y (honestly!), MMS has not been working for me AT ALL since about Jan 2016 - and that is now after a complete change of phone and SIMs (probably 3 of them), numerous telephone complaints and long discussions with the "Tech Support" (what "Tech Support"?) and at least one factory reset of the current phone (Moto G, 3rd Gen) with all the hassle that ensues from that.

Just had the 3rd SIM in yesterday, and now I have no service of ANY kind!! Smiley MadSmiley Mad

Long and short of it seems to be that there is a problem at the EE infrastructure level and no-one, but no-one, in Virgin (or should it be "Vermin"?) Mobile gives a flying you-know-what about sorting this out or will take responsibility for doing so - and that is after being a "loyal" (stupidly complacent????) VM Mobile customer for about 8yrs (and a Virgin Broadband customer for far longer than that!).

Will be "on my way elsewhere" soon (and it won't be to EE either, which rather limits my options).

0 Kudos
Ryan_gilmore98
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello,
Yes it seems to happen with almost everyone that I text. Whenever someone sends me a text that is longer than 160 characters it will split the message up into multiple pages as it normally should but a lot of times I won't receive AT LEAST one of those pages.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan_gilmore98,

Thank you for coming back to me Smiley Happy

I would like to know what handset you're using and also whether these text messags are coming through the text message facility on the phone or is this being fed through a 3rd party media ap like Whatsapp?

Finally, can you try and test the SIM in another phone and test the texts coming through?

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
jeallen01
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Update:

Well, just over a week ago, the problem was finally passed to the UK Support Centre in Swansea and someone(a young lady) quickly reviewed the history of my problem and agreed that it appears to be most definitely a issue at the EE infrastructure level!!!!!

She said that she would pass it up to them for review, and hopefully resolution (and would look into the matter of compensation for both loss of service and the massive hassles and time spent by myself in trying to get it resolved). No such resolution as yet and I still have no MMS (although I can, sometimes, send just one message but nothing after than and no incoming messages), but I did get a message when I phoned Support in the middle of last week to the effect that the issue IS now being investigated by EE.

Maybe the problems that others have are affected by the same sorts of issues? So please keep complaining very strongly and don't be put off by being told time and again to do the same old "do this, do that, etc. which don't then work by "Support Staff" somewhere else in the World who are working from prepared scripts and don't have any ideas for any non-scripted solutions!!
0 Kudos