Menu
Peppers
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

MMS Charges at 30p when I haven't sent any

Hi everyone

I am using a Microsoft Phone. I have been charged repeatedly for MMS 30p at a time, and I do not send them. I have Viber, and WhatsApp to send photos, so I don't understand why I am charged?

I rang Virgin and they said it is likely a Microsoft "thing" still getting charged for em, and in my bill it says 30p MMS to US/Canada I don't message anyone there?

Please help

Peppers
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: MMS Charges at 30p when I haven't sent any

Hi Peppers,

Thanks for taking the time to post this. So sorry to hear you've been charged 30p for an MMS you've not sent. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of it for you.

I've done a quick search on the forum and found another thread here. If I'm honest, I haven't heard of this issue happening for a while now so it would be good to get some more information on this.

Please answer the other user's questions.

Does it appear as the same number for each MMS?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A common complaint. 

Some phones convert SMS messages to Picture messages if they go over the 160 character limit or if they contain some sort of emocion. What type varies from phone to phone.

However, I don't understand the US/Canada thing if you do not text there. If you can, check your phone logs. 

0 Kudos
Magic_M
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's been seen before that text messages to email addresses produce a mms message with a destination number that makes it look like a message to the USA.

Could be worth looking into. Do the mms charges match time wise to any texts you've sent? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Peppers,

Thanks for taking the time to post this. So sorry to hear you've been charged 30p for an MMS you've not sent. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of it for you.

I've done a quick search on the forum and found another thread here. If I'm honest, I haven't heard of this issue happening for a while now so it would be good to get some more information on this.

Please answer the other user's questions.

Does it appear as the same number for each MMS?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Peppers
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich

Thanks for your reply. I ain't sent an MMS and yes it's the same number.

I have rang your team and they think it's probably caused by the way I've "shared" something on my phone which is Microsoft.

Does this help you in any way??

Thanks

P
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If it appears to have gone to an American number, check the contact details in the message thread. You'll probably find it's an email address instead of a mobile number.
0 Kudos