Menu
jimjimbomber
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Lumia Microsoft Windows 10 update has lost my contacts HELP!

After the new Windows 10, my phone won't show my contact list at all. I have tried everything I can think of. If I go into 'people' which is installed as an app, it doesn't have a 'restore contacts' in the settings. I also can't see the 'out of hours' setting so I can leave my phone on over night without getting calls - lots of odd things since the updates. I loved it before - not sure I like it now! Any suggestions really appreciated! Thanks for looking!

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lumia Microsoft Windows 10 update has lost my contacts HELP!

Are you saying that you have not backed up your contacts before doing the update?
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If so you may be screwed, if it's a contract phone all the numbers you have called will be on the billing history, just not whom they are, you could add all those number to the phone and either call then and then add the detail, or leave them as blank contacts and add the info as they call you, not very helpful but it's the best I can offer, and more than anyone else did Smiley Wink. Good luck
zvonok
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What email were you using...? If outlook they will be on webmail and can be downloaded again. Was it W8.1?if so you can download a MS tool to revert to 8.1..but will go to factory settings only. Always back-up first.... ZVNK ...
jimjimbomber
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Looks like it. To be honest, I didn't firstly know I needed to 'back them up' - probably naive but I thought they were all on my Memory card or saved to Sim?

PLUS - when it decided to UPDATE me to Windows 10, I didn't get a choice - it just did it with no warnings!

I have started to add numbers/names as I go along and have resigned myself to having lost them now, but feel they must still be 'there somewhere'!

Sorry - am an oldie and not brilliant with technology - but even my teenagers and techno friends are a bit lost on this one!

I hate the new screen options too - the icons remain blue squares with no detailing on the opening page so not a lot of use either! 

WHY can't they just leave it all alone!

Thanks for looking. J

0 Kudos
jimjimbomber
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi! Well emails I used both Gmail and Yahoo, which I like to keep as separate functions - when it finished it's marathon 3 hour update (without my permission or appreciation of what was going on so no real warning to 'back up' stuff) it did try and make me 'merge' all my mail into one Outlook icon but I haven't ever used that so didn't really 'get it'. I think I am stuffed now. Do wish they'd leave well alone - I loved it before - now it's a lot less user friendly.
0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Once you've updated your addresses again... look amongst the apps list for ' backup'..useb this to copy your email addresses for the future ... ZVNK ...