Menu
lokster
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Lumia 640 keeps losing signal

I have had to select network 3 times today , was twice yesterday and the day before , had the problem occasionally  but in the last week has escalated  is this a phone fault or Virgin network fault ,

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lumia 640 keeps losing signal

You'll need to check it out. Are the issues all in the same area? And is it the only Virgin phone around?
Got to the EE website and check for network issues in the local area
0 Kudos
lokster
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It has happened in different areas one at least 20 miles away , other phones seem ok my son is on EE and his was ok

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok, if you can try a sim swop in your phone, if you sons phone has the same size sim that will do, if the other sim works then you need a replacement
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi lokster

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your phone lately.

Has your number been recently activated? Or is this a number you've ported with you? If you sign into your My Virgin Media account, are you seeing any known issues with the service in your area?

We'd love for you to be able to try J0hns suggestion and try your SIM card in another device, we'd love to hear how that goes.

Apologies again for the inconvenience you're experiencing, we'll talk soon.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lokster
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The number has not recently been activated ,ported  tried it in an old Samsung worked fine , put it back in lumina fine till yesterday  and again this morning . Screen rotation has now stopped and charger cable won't charge though the Samsung one works !? maybe just a bad phone , looks like I will use the old Samsung till contract runs out certainly won't be getting another lumia

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lokster

Thanks for the response, I'm glad to hear it's working in another handset. Did you get the Lumia from us? If so, give our team a call about taking a look at the problems with it.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lokster
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

now on 3rd sim , and yes still losed network  one question how do I get out of contract got  5 months left 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi lokster,

I'm sorry that you're still experiencing a problem with your mobile signal after three SIM card replacements.

Please give us a call on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) so that we can discuss this further with you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos