Menu
RuthMSweeney
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Lumia 550 problems

Got Microsoft 550 beginning July. Paired to Bluetooth in VW Polo. Stays connected for a few seconds only then disconnects and  has to search for phone again, this only started happening in last few days, seemed ok before.  Also even for few seconds connected Bluetooth does not display text messages (phone shows sync messages between devices is on). When briefly connected can receive and make calls ok.

Fed up, wish I had just kept my old phone even though screen was cracked never had this problem pairing.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lumia 550 problems

It sounds like your phone has auto updated the blue tooth ,if it's set to aut update, change it to manual, then uninstall the BT update, reboot and see if it's sorted
0 Kudos
RuthMSweeney
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that but my problem is that I have absolutely know idea what you mean. I just wanted a mobile to make phone calls, text messages, take a few photos and make calls and receive text messages while driving. I have successfully paired two of my other phones in the past, it was so easy, just followed internet instructions. With this phone I don't have enough time to see anything on the bluetooth screen before it freezes and disconnects. In the 10 seconds it is connected I receive calls fine (but not messages) I did wonder if needed update so attempted.  Bluetooth did start 1 of 3 updates, a message came up that I had to connect it to a computer? With what I asked myself? It then froze so eventually had to switch the car off to disconnect.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok

It sounds like the update failed to complete.

save your data, remove an SD card and factory reset the phone to how it was when you got it.

go to settings and security or such like, I don't have a window phone so you may need the manual it came with.

after it reboots restore your stuff replace the SD card

virgin will point you this way if you call 789

0 Kudos
RuthMSweeney
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your assistance. Tried everything, no good. Taken to VW - Bluetooth on the blink, under warranty so fitting a new one. Who would have guessed?

R

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pleased it's getting sorted Smiley Happy

0 Kudos