Menu
JM47
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lost text mesages

I have a Sony Xperia model D2303 and in the last few days I have been losing text messages. The text arrives and displays briefly before disappearing and I cannot recall it. If anyone can offer advice I would be grateful. The phone did get wet last year and died, but it was repaired although the touch screen has some dead points.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost text mesages

Hi JM47

Sorry to hear about the text message mishaps you're having with this handset.

I'm quite sure the fault will be with the phone itself, but if possible you might want to test your SIM in another phone to rule out any other issues.

Could you let us know if this is happening with specific contacts or with all of your contacts and have you tried rebooting the device?

Would you also be able to confirm you're running the latest software for this handset? Just check in 'Settings' and 'About'.

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

JM47
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the advice. The problem occured over a couple of days but has not happened since. It is the phone used by my wife  and she found it very frustrating. We have recently upgraded the software for the the phone and it appears to be operating properly, but my wife doesn't have much confidence in it. It was in her bag last year when we were caught in heavy rain and, although it the bag was closed the contents did get wet. Although it was repaired the screen has dead spots and it has just undermined her confidence in the phone, so a text problem didn't help.

We are on even keel at the moment, so I will leave well alone, but I am very grateful you have taken the trouble to respond to my question.

Kind regards,

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi JM47

Thanks for your reply.

It's good to hear that the problem seems to have resolved itself for now.

If it happens again though, please let us know and we'll take a look for you.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos