Menu
anechud
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Lost simcard

Im in greece now. I have changed sim cards and ive lost my virgin simcard. Ive reported it online as REPORT LOST OR STOLEN PHONE, because i cannot make a phone call now. Does it mean they gonna block my phone or just a sim card? I have my phone with me.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lost simcard

If there was an option for you to type in some input and you typed in that it was a lost SIM card then when it is picked up on by an agent, they should just block the SIM. However, if it is an entirely automated process then the phone could get blocked.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi anechud,

as the phone wasn't purchased through Virgin Mobile presumably they won't have a record of the IMEI number.

Therefore won't be blocking it.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If there was an option for you to type in some input and you typed in that it was a lost SIM card then when it is picked up on by an agent, they should just block the SIM. However, if it is an entirely automated process then the phone could get blocked.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
anechud
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There was no space to put info that that was sim only.... I havent bought this phone with virgin, does it change anything?
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi anechud,

as the phone wasn't purchased through Virgin Mobile presumably they won't have a record of the IMEI number.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeap it does indeed change things

@AlexKid Thanks for responding Cat Happy

- - - - - -
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

AlexKid wrote:

Hi anechud,

Virgin can block phones purchased via other sources as the IMIE will be logged as soon as the sim card connect to the network.

They have done so for me (and unblocked when we found the phone) for a phone purchased from Carphone Warehouse.

Though unless you report the phone itself as stolen or lost it will not be blocked. I believe you actually need to have a police report number in order to block a phones IMIE.  

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos