Menu
MobolajiOyewor
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Lost phone

I called one of your advisor on the 18th of Dec2015, to report my lost phone.now my insurance need some proof of when i contact virgin mobile,proof of usage and to black list the phone,unfortunately your customer advisor are unable to assist me over the phone.so I was told to come on here. Need help very urgent pls. Thanks

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost phone

Hi MobolajiOyewor

I have checked with someone I know in the insurance ( saurian) . The insurance shouldn't need proof of usage or the data you lost the phone?

Is it an external insurance or bank / home insurance cover?

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Lee_B wrote:
Hi MobolajiOyewor

I have checked with someone I know in the insurance ( saurian) . The insurance shouldn't need proof of usage or the data you lost the phone?

Is it an external insurance or bank / home insurance cover?

It's only Virgin-supplied insurance that shouldn't need proof of usage. All other insurers will ask for it. This is to stop someone buying a damaged phone on eBay, insuring it, then claiming for the damage.

Insurers should really know that mobile virtual network operators such as Virgin are unable to provide proof of usage tied to the IMEI - not unless the MVNO supplied the actual handset. They are quick to take your money but only tell you when you make a claim that you're possibly not covered.

Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Perfect post Gorf!

as for the last bit Smiley Tongue

"They are quick to take your money but only tell you when you make a claim that you're possibly not covered."

This is why I would recommend Virgins mobile protect policy, its great, don't have to worry about claiming. Really straight forward

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Doesn't really help the OP though does it - he needs proof of usage for his insurer for the reason outlined by Gorf - it is perfectly reasonable.

It is also perfectly reasonable and advisable for a customer to look around for the best insurance deal - certainly at one time the VM insurance excess charge was ridiculously high (apologies if this has since been adjusted).

While it is appreciated that you post as an individual with a commendable desire to help I can only suggest that you are in a unique position to inform the OP of how the necessary proof of usage can be obtained in a straightforward response.

Previous similar posts have been dealt with by means of evasion and confusion.

Regards

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

for an external insurance then OP would have to call customer services to request this Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

That was the point of the original post last Thursday. He did what you suggest and got no cooperation - that's why the forum was contacted. Will see what a mod can do to resolve the matter.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi MobolajiOyewor,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've had so much trouble with your insurance. I want to do all I can to help.

Our team will be able to blacklist the phone with no issue at all. However, I'm afraid that we're unable to provide proof of usage on our side. We can only provide a calls record that can be obtainable in your bill.

How are you getting on with this currently? Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
MobolajiOyewor
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi mate. Tnx for the reply, spoke with one of your team member this morning, she promise to email the calls record and the date it was reported to me; but no email as come through yet.
0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

my understanding is Proof of Usage and Proof of blacklisting is sent via letter

0 Kudos