Menu
ramones_dude
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lost phone, how to cancel SIM?

So to cut a long story short, I lost my phone (on a PAYG contract) last week but was too busy to contact Virgin until now. All I have is my old phone number - no device number or anything else. Will Virgin be able to cancel my SIM, and what other information should I have at hand when I contact them? Any input greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost phone, how to cancel SIM?

ramones_dude wrote:

So to cut a long story short, I lost my phone (on PAYG) last week but was too busy to contact Virgin until now. All I have is my old phone number - no device number or anything else. Will Virgin be able to cancel my SIM, and what other information should I have at hand when I contact them? Any input greatly appreciated

Yes they can cancel it. I've found that with PAYG sims and verifying my identity I got asked questions like: When did you last topup? By how much? And by which method? How much balance does the phone has? (the last question probably not of help if someone has found the phone and used up its credit up.) They'll also have their file on you, your name, surname, security password, etc, etc, all of which you can easily verify if you ever registered to the online account management.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
ramones_dude
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much, I'll do it right away.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ramones_dude,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you've lost your phone. It's always disheartening when this happens.

Shelke has provided you with some great advice. I was just wondering if you've managed to contact the team? Has the SIM card been blocked now?

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos