Menu
paperclip
Rising star
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Lost Virgin Gold Sim Icon

Since I moved onto 4G it appears that the gold sim icon that used to show in the apps list that let you see services and your account info etc has vanished, is this normal?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost Virgin Gold Sim Icon

Hi paperclip,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry that you are having issues with your mobile My Account access, including the Virgin SIM icon disappearing from your apps' list.

I've verified that the SIM logo has been removed from the apps' list for those on the 4G connection. The links here either direct dial 789 (Top Up and Help), other numbers for the Services (Get Alerts, Traffic, and Directory Enquiries) and redirect to the www.virginmedia.com website. Sorry for the inconvenience this causes. If you would like the direct dial numbers to get alerts, traffic updates or directory enquires, let me know and I'll get those numbers for you, just let me know.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
No it's ok, Sarah did inform me of this re the missing icon after I had started this thread, I should have added what she and what you have confirmed here.

I'm really more concerned about the fact that the new my account mobile app isn't connecting to the server to show like it used to on the older version, incidentally I'm using the old one till the new one is fixed.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I understand--it is concerning that folks on our new 4G service are experiencing this problem with the app. As soon as I have more information on this from our techs, we'll let you know.

Take care,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, your colleague Sarah who said that she managed this app was speaking to the technical support team, they wanted my number so I gave her it last week. I also included screenshots.
0 Kudos