Menu
Annette66
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Lost Mobile Phone - Insurance

Hi, can anyone help?

I took out  two mobile phone agreements with Virgin Media in September 2014 for Samsung Galaxy S4s (for myself and son). The agreements were for a 2 year period  from September 2014 with free insurance as part of the deal. Which was great as previously I had been paying £6 or £7 a month for insurance for each of the previous phones.

I lost my mobile last Wednesday and when I rang to notify  Virgin Media and request a replacement they advised that the free insurance ceased in Oct 2015 (I think that is the month quoted) and therefore the mobile phone was not insured.

At this moment in time, they are investigating my situation as I do not see how they can cancel the insurance, which was part of the agreement and not notify me. I would have taken out the insurance if I had been notified (but do not agree with them changing the terms of the agreement)t. I have been told that the cost is approx. £125 to pay off the remainder of the 2 year agreement for the lost phone.

Virgin Media have informed that they will get back to me within 3-5 working days to advise next steps.

Has anyone had similar problems with regard to insurance provided by VM?

Appreciate any help

Annette

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lost Mobile Phone - Insurance

Inclusive insurance stopped in November 2014 if I recall correctly, but that only applies to newly agreed contracts after that date.

As far as I'm aware if you have a contract from before then and it included insurance, then you should still be covered until such time as you change your agreement.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Inclusive insurance stopped in November 2014 if I recall correctly, but that only applies to newly agreed contracts after that date.

As far as I'm aware if you have a contract from before then and it included insurance, then you should still be covered until such time as you change your agreement.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi Annette66

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about the inclusive insurance issue you had with us.

My apologies that this was advised as not being a part of the existing line up you had with us. If it was part of the original agreement and you have not made any contract amendments in the interim period, then this is still valid as part of your original deal.

I can see that you've spoken to the teams on 789, since your post to us on the forums, and you have resolved this with them which is great!

Please let us know if we can help in any other way Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos