Menu
davidsimpson78
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Loss of signal and 4G Availability

Hi 

I have been trying to find out when Virgin will launch 4G for its Personal account users, I am aware that you offer it to businesses and have 4G Available to launch, I have come across many site where you have told customers its coming in a month or its coming soon and seems to be quite a common thing to avoid losing customers to other providers.

However other providers are now matching or beating your Sim only deals with 4G included, Also 3G coverage is becoming poor in places i can only use my phone in certain area in my house and as you use the EE Network i know from past experience that there is plenty of signal coverage for my property.

Please can you provide an honest prediction on when you will be delivering 4G to personal tariffs so i can make an informed decision whether to go else where.

Regards

Dave 

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Loss of signal and 4G Availability

Hi davidsimpson78

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I can completely understand you're keen for Virgin Media to launch 4G compatibility on our residential mobile packages.

I'd love to be able to offer you an estimate of when this will launch, but this would only serve to disappointed you and leave you feeling that we'd been dishonest if this proved inaccurate!

We don't currently have further information we can share with you on when 4G will launch on Virgin Mobile, but let me reassure you that this is something we are actively working to bring to our customers as soon as possible.

Sorry I couldn't be more forthcoming with information than this David, but as soon as we can make an announcement on this, you can bet that we will!

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi davidsimpson78

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I can completely understand you're keen for Virgin Media to launch 4G compatibility on our residential mobile packages.

I'd love to be able to offer you an estimate of when this will launch, but this would only serve to disappointed you and leave you feeling that we'd been dishonest if this proved inaccurate!

We don't currently have further information we can share with you on when 4G will launch on Virgin Mobile, but let me reassure you that this is something we are actively working to bring to our customers as soon as possible.

Sorry I couldn't be more forthcoming with information than this David, but as soon as we can make an announcement on this, you can bet that we will!

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
parajack
Dialled in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm I spoke to an advisor on Thursday daytime about my account, whilst I was on I asked about 4G. I said that I will be buying the iPhone 7 when it comes out in September and want to take advantage of 4G, as there is no point having a top phone if I can't get top internet access on it. He told me that 4G would be available for all Virgin customers by then!

If it's just a case of sales fobbing us off, then I for one will cancel both contracts I have as soon as the iPhone is out....(if not before).

davidsimpson78
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Parajack

I have been with Virgin for a little under a year, I purchased a deal from them as what they offer with in their tariffs are a lot better than the other players out their, when I realised I wasn't getting 4G I searched the net for details of Virgin and 4G, having read that its available to Business customers only, The poor thing I have found is that people have been asking Virgin since 2013 when 4G is coming to personal mobiles and the sales team have told people exactly the same, there have been reports of people from Virgin telling people it will be live the following week.

The most honest answer I have found is the chap from Virgin who replied to me, and he Stated "I cannot tell you when it is going to be available" So I am afraid you have been spun a lie just like the other hundreds of Virgin Customers.

I am seriously considering going Tesco Mobiles runs on o2 but their packages very nearly match Virgins there £1 more expensive and you don't get the 08 numbers like you do with Virgin, I would of thought at this stage of the game and Virgin being Virgin they would be at the top of their game however they chose to run a primitive Mobile network that is becoming more and more useless, Signal is getting terrible.

Think they really need to pull their trousers up!

Tags (2)
Lammy22
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile sold me a contract phone and assured me that it will have 4G service running in the first week or so into my contact, ha ha ha that was in 2014 and they said it should be up and running soon, yeah right!
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

April 2013 is when I was lied to about 4G coming "soon".

teabag
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

"misinformed" sounds so much nicer than "lied to".  lol

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
parajack
Dialled in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@ davidsimpson78

Thanks for that. Funny you mention the signal as well, over the past two weeks I've seen my signal at home drop from 4 bars to 1-2 and sometimes no signal at all and worse still gprs for the data.

Good thing about being on a sim only 30 day contract is you can soon leave!

HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

teabag wrote:

"misinformed" sounds so much nicer than "lied to".  lol

misinformed might 'sound' nicer, but 'lied to' is FAR more TRUTHFULL!! Smiley Tongue 

(VM are VERY good at the later, and almost as good at the former Iv'e noticed)

Also teabag, Is that 'knowingly misinformed'? or  'deliberately misinformed ' by the way?  Smiley Wink

teabag
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

HughJarsse said: "Also teabag, Is that 'knowingly misinformed'? or  'deliberately misinformed ' by the way?"

That's a hard one to choose :-)

Shall we say, "guaranteed commission misinformed" Smiley Wink

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.