Menu
freda58
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Loss of Service

For the last couple of weeks I have been experiencing loss of service in the BS5 area the signal is very weak in my house at the most bars that I am getting is two, I have contacted customer service about this I  was told that i mighty need a new sim card which I received and replaced, no change I have called customer service a few times some customer service reps are very helpful and some act like they don't care, i have been a customer with Virgin for quite a long time but i am now getting fed up with no resolution to my problem. when I am out about from the area the signal is great has anyone else been experiencing the same problem ? 

Helpful Answers
janie08
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Loss of Service

The same has happened to me - I live in the BS6 area and was told by a representative that the mast in our area was down and that I should switch my mobile network to 2G until the mast has been fixed on 27th March.  So on the 27th I put my network back the 2G/3G network and I still had no bars on my phone.  Called back on Monday evening as was advised to do so if there was no change and I had a representative, who was most unhelpful, telling me I needed a new SIM card.  Advised him it was not the SIM and asked him to advise me if he is now saying it is nothing to do with the mast and to check my notes on the history which he then found that this had been noted then told me to wait another 24 hours.  When I am away from home the service is excellent so it is definitely not the SIM.  They seem to think sending a new SIM solves all the problems but this is not the case.

0 Kudos

All Replies
janie08
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The same has happened to me - I live in the BS6 area and was told by a representative that the mast in our area was down and that I should switch my mobile network to 2G until the mast has been fixed on 27th March.  So on the 27th I put my network back the 2G/3G network and I still had no bars on my phone.  Called back on Monday evening as was advised to do so if there was no change and I had a representative, who was most unhelpful, telling me I needed a new SIM card.  Advised him it was not the SIM and asked him to advise me if he is now saying it is nothing to do with the mast and to check my notes on the history which he then found that this had been noted then told me to wait another 24 hours.  When I am away from home the service is excellent so it is definitely not the SIM.  They seem to think sending a new SIM solves all the problems but this is not the case.

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

Try you postcode. Seems interesting it is BS5 and 6

0 Kudos