Menu
kenvivball
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Losing WiFi connection

I keep losing connection to my Virgin WiFi Router. I have a Lumia 650 phone. The only way to re-connect is to turn the phone off and on. Again. Any fix?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Losing WiFi connection

When you are sitting close to the router, does the signal drop then? What standard is the router 2.4 or 5 hopefully no older? Is someone else using the router connection via wifi or wired? Have you checked to see if the router has a software update? What channel is the router transmitting on ( change the channel). Let me know how it goes

0 Kudos
kenvivball
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My router is the latest from VirginMedia. Up till 1 week ago everything was fine. Now whenever my phone goes into standby I lose the WiFi connection and can only get it back by switching my phone off and on.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kenvivball,

Thank you for coming in and letting us know about the issues at hand.

I would like to know if the broadband is working well while on other devices, and is this happening whilst on different phones or tablets?

Also in the last week, have you received any update?

Stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
kenvivball
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Broadband works well with other devices. See that other Lumia phone users have same problem. Do occasionally get system updates but cannot remember when the last one was. Only fix to connection problem found so far is to re-boot the phone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kenvivball,

Thank you for coming in and posting back to me Smiley Happy

I would like to ask if you could possibly try the WiFi whilst on another network, either outside or maybe in a relative or neighbour?

If you can let me know about this I'll be able to identify whether it's a mobile issue, or possible home boradband issue.

Many thanks.

Ben

0 Kudos
kenvivball
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'll try but I am fairly convinced the phone is at fault. I would have to wait for the fault to arise which could take a few hours.
My wife's Android phone has no such problem. If I was more sceptical I would think that Microsoft are doing this deliberately so that I pay for more mobile data. So I ask for a fix for the phone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Kenvivball,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message back to me.

I understand that this isn't the most simplest of issues to diagnose, especially if it's intermittent as these tend to be time consuming. Can you let me know how you have been getting on. I have been able to run a test on the broadband and while I'm not able to determine the WiFi from here, everything is provisioned correctly, leading towards the mobile more. I would like to ask if this can be tested outside the home also?

All the best.

Ben

0 Kudos