Menu
fred_zamora
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Long texts won't send

For the past three days I haven't been able to send any messages longer than one text (can't tell if it's 140 or 160 characters cut off but it's around there).

It works when I break them down into smaller messages which is a massive pain, but no long messages will send, to any of my contacts, on various networks and phones.

I tried going through the "fix my phone" thing on the virgin mobile website but with no luck.

I checked the forums and noticed this has happened in the past and was a problem with the MMS service. Is this the case this time?

Hoping for some help here.

P.S. Am due to go into labour any day and might need to text not call my husband when he's in work so could really do with this working soon!!!!

0 Kudos
Hayleylaura
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Long texts won't send

I have had exactly the same problem. I phoned up on saturday to have a patronising woman tell me that a text is only 160 characters. I am fully aware of this, point is, i used to be able to send longer messages and the network would divide them into multiple messages as needed. 

Basically after 3 phone calls, Steve in the Manchester call centre said it is a network issue they are now aware of but it is not affecting every customer. 

I can only hope this is fixed soon and i take a tiny tiny bit of comfort knowing i am not the only one that is suffering from this problem. I don't want to have to phone up again as they still haven't fixed my voicemail issue...this has gone on for 6 months.

0 Kudos
matty19732000
Settling in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issue too. Spoke to Tech Support and I've also been told its it is a network.

Tech support don't have a fix date as yet but it's been an issue since Friday.

0 Kudos
Chris_P
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Please add myself and a friend of mine each experiencing this same problem since Friday on Virgin mobile. One old Motorola phone, one much newer Samsung.

0 Kudos
fred_zamora
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Seems to be working today!
Would have been nice to have an explanation but at least it seems to be sorted!
Chris_P
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, likewise.

Agreed, some form of acknowledgement and explanation would seem to have been the customer-friendly thing to have done!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi fred_zamora, Hayleylaura, matty19732000 & Chris_P,

Welcome to the Community Forum, thanks for your post. Sorry that you have been unable to send text messages. This issue is now resolved on the network. 

Please let us know if you are still having problems with this.

Thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos