Menu
mikewalker20
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Long text messages will not send

I've had my Moto G for about 9 months now and have not changed my unlimited text bundle with Virgin for a couple of years.

Over the weekend my phone has stopped sending any text message over 160 characters. I receive texts fine, I can send short texts fine but when I try to send a longer text I receive a red triangle and exclamation mark saying "Message not sent - touch to review the message and try again"

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Long text messages will not send

Yours is about the 5th thread on this subject - the outcome seems to be that Virgin have technical problems again,

0 Kudos
Chris_P
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Please add myself and a friend of mine each experiencing this same problem since Friday on Virgin mobile. One old Motorola phone, one much newer Samsung.

0 Kudos
itsEmma
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I asked the same question a couple of days ago and it seems that lots of us are having this problem, since the end of last week.

Has anyone heard or seen anything 'official' from Virgin to acknowledge that this has happened and that they are doing something about it?

When I phoned them (3 times, including getting put through to the Tech Dept, they knew nothing about it and just ran through all the standard checks, sim out/in, check message centre number etc)

CAN SOMEONE FROM VIRGIN PLEASE GET INVOLVED AND HELP US !!!!

Emma

0 Kudos
Chris_P
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No Emma, I haven't seen an official acknowledgement of the problem from anyone at Virgin either. Which is a shame, as it's obviously affecting a few people. It's the sort of issue that many people won't even realise they have yet.

0 Kudos
mikewalker20
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies everyone, it seems that this morning my phone suddenly started sending longer texts once more so the problem (for now) seems to have gone.

Hopefully it will be the same for all of you.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi mikewalker20,

Welcome to the Community Forum, thanks for your post. I'm sorry that you have had problems sending text messages over 160 characters. There was a network issue that has now been resolved. Thanks to enlli for providing advice on this issue.

Thank you for coming back to let us know it's now working for you. I have already responded to the others in this thread.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos