Menu
Fabian84
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Lollipop on Xperia Z

Sony relase Lollipop for Xperia Z on Friday 29 of May. When Virgin whant to relase Lollipop on Xperia Z??? I try upgrade via PC Companion but without success.
0 Kudos
Fabian84
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lollipop on Xperia Z

Any one from Virgin know something or not???
0 Kudos
Fabian84
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Anyone???
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fabian84,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Thanks for posting us this question.

To ensure we keep our customers devices safe our team test each new update with our handsets to make sure there are no unforeseen issues after launch.

I will check on this for you and get back to you.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fabian84,

Thanks for your patience while I checked thisSmiley Happy

I have been advised by our software team we are hoping to roll out the update in the next few weeks.

Let me know when you get it.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Fabian84
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Few weeks???!!!! That’s sound like joke. Sony relase official lollipop for Xperia Z almost week ago and you tell me Virgin need another few weeks. That’s radiciolous!!!
0 Kudos
Fabian84
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Why we need few weeks??? Can you tell me why when Sony relase Kitkat on Xperia Z me and others user we get update this same date what relase Sony date. How is possible you are late this time....
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fabian84,

Sorry to hear your not happy with the time it will take for us to release these updates for your Sony Xperia Z.

As a mobile provider we like to release software updates after it has been stringently tested on our network. Sometimes this may result in a delay. We do this to ensure the best experience for our customers.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

If its an unbranded factory unlocked phone itll get the updates when they release it  if not you wait for your provider

Its this way for ALL PHONES with ALL NETWORKS

some take weeks if not months to receive updates as they vary from network to network.

look at the forum at android central if you need to but a few weeks is a very good time for a network

if that time isnt for your liking flash the rom yourself

0 Kudos
Fabian84
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I can't agree with you alpha123. My Xperia is unbranded and unlocked and I get this from Virgin and I can't do update via PC Companion. I asked Sony why I can't make update event if they already relase they told me update is depend from device. Same device get the up erlier same device leater :-/ Where was a point to relase new software If you can't make update on time???!!!!!
0 Kudos