Menu
evak
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Locked to network

Hi,
I was trying to email virgin media, but it's impossible. I have an issue with my phone. It looks it was locked to virgin network even though i bought sim free phone. I need it to be unlocked by virgin. Anyone had similar issue? How to get in touch with virgin team if i am abroad and cant call?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Locked to network

Hi evak, 

I am sorry to learn hat your iPhone is locked on to our network. So that I can take a look at this for you, I am shortly going to send you a private message. To pick this message up please click on the envelope on the top right hand corner of the page. 

Chat soon 

Kelly 

0 Kudos

All Replies
Fred_Bloggs
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Impossible to contact Virgin... I feel your pain...
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi evak,

unfortunately Virgin don't do email Smiley Sad

From abroad you are best using another phone to call: +447953 967 967.

Did you purchase your phone from Virgin?

People often have a problem with iPhones, which I believe are only truly SIM free (unlocked) when purchased directly from Apple.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

iphones are never sim free.
All iphones are unlocked when new and lock to the first sim that is used in them.
0 Kudos
CQ20
Up to speed
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

re this -

iphones are never sim free.
All iphones are unlocked when new and lock to the first sim that is used in them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it is not quite that simple.  It applies to Carphonewarehouse iPhones and those from most network outlets.  It does not apply to iPhones bought without contract from Apple, Apple dealers or (now) John Lewis, I believe.  My last two iPhones were bought from Apple and an Apple Dealer and have had Voda, O2 and now Virgin SIMS in them without any problems.

0 Kudos
evak
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

They havent told me and it's been written sim free. I didnt know that. I really dont get why iphone do such thing
0 Kudos
evak
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I bought from carphone warehouse my phone. Virgin says they can't unlock as i bought not from them. Which is total nonsense as my phone got locked to virgin and they should unlock it.
0 Kudos
evak
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If i would contact apple store would they be able to help me? As i bought phone only in october month, i still have warranty
0 Kudos
CQ20
Up to speed
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure you will find that Apple will not do anything. This has to be resolved by Carphonewarehouse, Virgin and yourself

0 Kudos
evak
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

At a moment carphone warehouse is telling me virgin should do it and virgin tells me carphone warehouse should do it. Nothing is moving