Menu
Esssix
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Loan declined

A few days ago I tried to pay off my contract existing contract and take out a new one with a higher data allowance etc.

everything was going fine until the credit check when I was told the loan part of the agreement had been declined.

We thought that this was because I had moved house a week earlier and had not been down to my bank to change my address, - I had updated my address with Virgin during this upgrade call.

I,went down to my bank last week and changed my address, and was told that my record would be updated immediately.

Tonight I've tried to do the upgrade again and agin the loan part has been declined.  I have no debt, have never defaulted on any payments and am at a loss as to why this has happened -'can someone help please.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Loan declined

Plenty of people on here have been refused with excellent credit scores. When they have checked the credit agencies they have no searches recorded. 

A few have walked away and got a new phone and contract within half an hour, even with O2 who operate a scheme similar to Virgin's

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i would be looking for credit file -> https://www.clearscore.com/ since don't think virgin would give a reason why it was rejected, also its possible your file has not been full updated yet so i would try again in a few days
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Esssix
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've registered with clearscore.com and all seems well with my rating, just one negative in that I don't have a credit card!

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Plenty of people on here have been refused with excellent credit scores. When they have checked the credit agencies they have no searches recorded. 

A few have walked away and got a new phone and contract within half an hour, even with O2 who operate a scheme similar to Virgin's

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Esssix

Welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear you've been advised we're unable to offer you one of our Freestyle contracts.

We're required to complete additional checks for this type of contract (where the handset and tariff are split) as part of our requirements to lend responsibly.

Were you offered one of our standard contracts when you spoke to us about the upgrade on the phone?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos