Menu
Farmer20
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Lloyd's security phone call issue

Hello,

Both me and my wife are with Lloyd's and they will do an automated security phone call, such as when setting up a new payment.

When my wife does this, it says Lloyd's is phoning her but the mobile does not ring.
This works fine for me, and we are both with Virgin.

We contacted Lloyd's to double check the mobile number and they removed and put back, but still does not work. They advised that this is apparently an ongoing issue with Virgin?

Does anyone else have this issue?

We have added in a landline number as a workaround and hope this works, but have to wait a couple days to try.
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lloyd's security phone call issue

This has come up before. Hopefully someone will remember where.

0 Kudos
Farmer20
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Ok. I have searched internet and found one reference to on this community, but was from years ago and had no solution to it.
0 Kudos
shahidur
Joining in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I'm training to set up Lloyds bank app,after login I receive a call and have to enter a 4-digit code I see on screen. but I never received that call.Then my number cannot receive calls/texts.

0 Kudos
Bigbob909
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have same issue with tsb app

Got new sim which fixed it. But tried the app again and bricked the sim again.

Internet and calls out still work. Can't send/receive texts or receive phone calls.

Tried many fixes with no luck. Soft reset. Hard reset. Sim in different phone.

Any luck fixing on your end? I plan on going instore tomorrow to get yet another sim. Means can't use banking app though ever i presume. Which is very annoying, probably switch banks.

0 Kudos
Mercedes43
Joining in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi am having the exact same problem, has anyone found a solution yet?

thanks

0 Kudos
Mercedes43
Joining in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi I am having the exact same issue, have you found a solution yet?

thanks 

0 Kudos
BrashJerk
Dialled in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

You can select an option to use your Lloyds mobile app instead of receiving a phone call. It's not exactly what you asked for but it's a workaround until someone finds a better solution. That's how I do it myself by choice. I didn't know there even was an issue with receiving calls from Lloyds as I always used the app instead.

Here's what it says on the page when you try to pay a new recipient for the first time. 

"Confirmation through our Mobile Banking app offers a quick and easy alternative to telephone validation.

Taking advantage of the security software built into the app, we will send a confirmation request to your mobile phone. Simply confirm your identity by entering your memorable information and approve the request."

0 Kudos
Aadymunjal
Joining in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I am facing the exact same issue. Had this been resolved for you?
0 Kudos
Aadymunjal
Joining in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I am facing the exact same issue. Contacted Virgin who replaced my sim and then tried logging in. Still no luck.
Called Halifax and they say it's an issue with virgin.mobile. So I have tried everything by now and these companies just pass on the buck from one to the other. Wondering if you have had any luck?
0 Kudos