Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 11 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Live: Ask the Experts with Nokia

@NokiaExpert

I too still have my original one too, in blue as well. It still turns on!

Are there any plans to make snake harder? Smiley Tongue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Special Guest
Special Guest
Message 12 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Wow you still have an Original Nokia 3310!  I have one here with me too!  As long as your sim card is standard size (if not you can get an adapter) then you should pick up signal.  However, 3G and 4G were not around when the original Nokia 3310 was launched so you will only be able to talk and text.  If you want to upgrade your nostalgia check out the details on the new Nokia 3310 on Virgin here:  http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-as-you-go-phones.html

Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 13 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Can you give us the rundown of the more 'modern' looking handsets?

How do our customers and community members get the most out of their Nokia 3,  5 , or  8?

What are the features / apps that set them apart?

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Special Guest
Special Guest
Message 14 of 30
Flag for a moderator

@Shafreya

Make it harder???  I can tell you are a seasoned Snake player!  What level did you get to...I'm really bad at it and always end up eating my own tail!  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Special Guest
Special Guest
Message 15 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Nokia 3 and 5 are great phones but one thing that has struck a chord when training recently is around them having Adoptable Storage.  

What is it?  Basically if you have ever have the dreaded 'Low Storage' message pop up on your older phone it can be quite frustrating to know you cant download any updates or new games as your internal memory is full.  A memory card doesn't solve it as it can normally only store music/pictures and sometimes partial apps.  Adoptable storage is built into Android but some manufacturer devices don't have it...Nokia 3 an 5 have! 

Adoptable storage allows the memory card to be adopted into the internal memory...i.e a 16GB phone +16GB Memory card = Phone shows 32GB of memory to store anything it wants across.  Hurrah! 

The quick way to get to this is: Settings – SD card – Options – Storage settings -  Format as internal.  Tip highlight: by adopting the memory card it does format it so make sure any important things are backed up!

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 16 of 30
Flag for a moderator

That's great news about the additional storage - it's often a problem we come across as apps seem to get bigger and bigger. Sounds really secure - and extends the life and capability of the phone. That's good to see.

And what about the Nokia 8? 

What on earth is a bothie?

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Special Guest
Special Guest
Message 17 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Ha ha...This refers to a feature on the Nokia 8…you know to take a selfie right?  Well a 'Bothie' is a name given to the Dual-Sight technology in Nokia 8 which allows you to see both front and back cameras on the same screen (split screen).  This is great for showing reactions to events, or even broadcasting live to Facebook or YouTube  what you are seeing whilst your friends can still see you on screen. 

To bring it to life, have look at this 'Best of Bothie 2017' from our YouTube channel

If you want to know more you can also out the feature at: https://www.nokia.com/en_gb/phones/nokia-8 or visit the Virgin page to see the Nokia 8: http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/pay-monthly-phones/nokia/8/steel/tariffs.html?filte...

Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 18 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - love the video.

@baskah has the Nokia 8, and a couple of days ago he posted that with Oreo his WiFi connection dropped. Any ideas what could be causing this?

0 Kudos
Special Guest
Special Guest
Message 19 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi @baskah and thanks for getting a great phone in the Nokia 8!  Let's see if I can help.   The first is to just triple check there are no other software updates available for your device (you can check this by going to: Settings - System - System update - Check) if everything is up to date then could you check your device wifi settings (go to Settings - Network and Internet - Wifi - Wi-Fi preferences - Advanced - make sure 'Keep wifi on during sleep' is set to Always).

If you can check the above that would be great, but also any info on when it is dropping would be good also, things such as if it drop when your using it or is it at certain times...and if the phone wakes up does it reconnect to the wifi at all after a couple of mins?

Thanks!

Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 20 of 30
Flag for a moderator

For those of us in the market for a new phone, whats the warranty and support like for Nokia products?

How easy is it to back up data?

0 Kudos