Menu
FrattonEnder
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lineone email set up on iPhone

I've set up my Lineone email on my iPhone. Receive works just fine but I cannot send emails. All the settings are correct (as verified by using information on the Talk Talk site - https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/email-settings-imap-pop3) but I just get an error message saying that the log in email address was rejected by the server.

Do I need to change the settings and use a relay server because it's two different networks trying to communicate or does it sound more like an issue with Talk Talk?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lineone email set up on iPhone

Hi FrattonEnder,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting about your issue!

I have had a quick scout online and can see others have reported similar issues.

Over on the Talk Talk forum there is a thread about the same topic that contains a few things to try.

One of the useful suggestions mentions adding a new SMTP server to replace the one that your phone uses by default.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
FrattonEnder
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Liam

Talk Talk helpfully forgot to mention in their help pages that you must add your email address and password to the SMTP settings, implying that as you've already entered them for the IMAP settings that you don't need to.

Now I've got that sorted I can send emails to my heart's content!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi FrattonEnder,

Thanks for getting back to us. It's great that you've been able to get this working! This information will be really helpful for other customers who are having problems setting up their Lineone email.

Cheers,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos