Menu
StephBev
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Leaving Virgin Mobile

Hi, after all of the issues with mobile data/signal loss and not actually having the option to get the handset that I actually wanted I have decided to leave. I have a couple of questions. I have got my PAC code from yourselves and have ordered the mobile handset that I actually wanted from another provider. It will take 3 - 5 working days for the new phone and new SIM card to be delivered. Only then can I request my current number be transferred to the new SIM card and then I can cancel my contract with yourselves. This will take me very close to the 14 day cooling off deadline that I have from starting my new contract. Is it 14 days or 14 working days that I have to cancel my contract? And with regard to returning the new phone, do I return everything but the SIM card or do I give that back to you as well? Can I phone virgin and cancel my contract from a future date or will it be cancelled from the moment I phone to leave? Any help with these questions would be appreciated.  

Steph.

0 Kudos
inevergiveup
Tuning in
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving Virgin Mobile

I know how u feelSmiley Sad
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

inevergiveup wrote:
I know how u feelSmiley Sad

But you won't be allowed to leave Virgin.

Your username is inevergiveup.

Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
StephBev
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I phoned 789 as I have not had a response to my questions from Virgin on here. They said it's 14 days from the day I received the phone which was the 4th September. When I cancel my contract, the sim will become PAYG and they will send a bag that I need to send my phone back in, not including my sim card.

I have another question if you can help, when I phone to cancel, will my SIM become PAYG instantly? Also, can I still use my phone for calls and texts until I send the phone back to you? Do I have a time limit to send the phone back?

I would really appreciate a reply from Virgin to my questions.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephbev,

I'm sorry to see you're leaving us Smiley Sad

I can answer all of your queries here.

The Cooldown period is 14 days.

In terms of returning the phone, return everything besides the sim card when the jiffy bag arrives.

The sim card will be completely terminated on our side when this is cancelled.

Once you chose to cancel within the 14 days, we will send you a jiffy bag. I'd advise to return this immediately.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
StephBev
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I was a bit worried that I wouldn't have my new phone and sim in time to transfer my mobile number before cancelling my Virgin contract but my new provider has been so helpful and informative that it is no longer an issue, I can cancel my virgin contract in time and still keep my number. I have to say I am sorry to leave after 10 years but with Virgin now having the worst customer service and a network that doesn't work I find I have no choice. Bye Virgin.

hugh33
Tuning in
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

joining you soon virgin are **bleep**ing useless
StephBev
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I'd recommend everyone who can leave should leave. I am really happy with my new contract. It's fantastic value, it is the handset I actually wanted in the first place and even though I have Virgin home phone and broadband, meaning I should be getting a truly fantastic deal, it's the same price. Most importantly, when it arrives on Monday, the internet will work! If anyone is on the 14 day cool down, get out now! Only my opinion of course, Smiley Tongue

Smurf1
Up to speed
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Add another three from my family that are leaving because of the lack of being able to make and receive calls, why would you have a mobile but to make calls ?

The customer service is the WORST I have ever encountered, not one of the cs agents know what to say when you ask a question that's not included on the flow charts they are all reading from.

And worst of all --- VM NEVER tell anyone about problems or issues with the service OR offer a refund, so we are off.

ADIOS VM and good riddance.

David63
Superfast
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Very similar experience here Smurf. They sure do know how to handle direct debits tho. No problems there.