Menu
beamo
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

LG G4 wont connect to Mobile network ... No Service

I've had this phone for 2 weeks and for the 3rd time it suddenly won't connect to the Virgin Network. Note the Virgin/EE signal is good in my area, and even more relevant is  i am still carrying around my old Sony phone which is on EE, and that is working fine. This suggests the problem is with the phone!!  If I try to search for available networks it says 'error searching for networks'. (I'm searching for any 2G, 3G 4G).  I've also taken the Virgin SIM card out of the new G4 and put it in the old Sony devive and that works fine. I then put the card back in the G4 and back to 'no Service'.

The first time i had this problem I tried the usual power off/on and eventually resolved it by removing the SIM and putting it back. The 2nd time that rigmarole didn't work, but it suddenly started working after a few hours.  Now it has lost the network again. Can't find anything online about the G4 having network connection issues. Have i got a dud one?   Any advice much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: LG G4 wont connect to Mobile network ... No Service

Hi beamo,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having network connectivity issues on your new LG G4. I appreciate this isn't what you expected from a brand new phone.

Thanks for your detail too, I see you've done a lot to try to identify the cause of the problem. If the SIM works in another phone then it seems like that and the signal is working fine.

Have you searched for any firmware updates? That can usually fix bugs with the phone including signal issues.

You could try a factory reset of the phone. Please keep in mind this will wipe everything so back up what you need. For instructions how to do this please click here, select your handset and follow 'The Basic' tab.

Failing that, the next thing I'd suggest is to call us on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone so they can troubleshoot further and possibly book in a handset repair.

Let me know how it all goes.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
beamo
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the reply. I ended up taking the phone into the Virgin store where i got it. They expected it was a problem with the SIM tray/reader. Unfortunately I was 4 days outside the the 14 day trial period so they were unable to replace the phone, and it has been posted back to the Virgin technical dept for repair.

Disappointing that Virgin weren't more flexible on the 14 day period, and not a great advertisement for LG's flagship phone. Lets see what  happens when it comes back.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi beamo,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I'm glad to hear there has been some movement on this. I appreciate the 14 day period had expired but there does eventually need to be a cut off date of course.

I'd be very keen to hear the outcome so please feel free to keep me updated.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
beamo
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well things have moved on. As mentioned previously the phone was sent back to Virgin ( Note that the repair was booked online at my local virgin store, and I received a prepaid package 2 days later in which i added my phone and posted myself). 

8 days later I've recieved a package from Virgin containing a different LG G4 (the IME no. is different to mine), and a printed note saying "your phone has not been repaired because the IME number of the phone sent is different to the one that was  booked in for repair" .  **bleep** is that all about?!  I called Customer Services and asked for an explanation. The CS guy couldn't see anything on the system, and he said it was possible that i had been sent a new replacement phone but the admin team had issued the note about the wrong phone/IME by mistake. Great, so nobody knows if i have got a new phone or not ?! It does appear new and I've used it for 2 days now, also customer services have upgraded my a/c to the IME of the new phone.

As you can probably tell i am not impressed. Any problems with this latest phone in the next few weeks I will return everything to Virgin and cancel my contract.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Beamo Smiley Happy

I'm sorry for any additional confusion caused on our part. It certainly seems like we've issued you with a replacement phone. Keep an eye on it and let me know how you get on.

I'm here if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos